Chapter 20 ♡

Nates P.O.V

When I told Kai I wanted to go to an aquarium with him, I didn't expect it to involve me seeing an all-black private jet for the very first time in my life.

I stood with wide eyes scanning all the outside features of this shiny plane that had "customized by Kai" written all over it with the eye-catching details on it.

"C'mon, Nate! Hurry before we get left behind! We can't miss this opportunity!" Zekey was beyond eager to be outside and ready to see where Kai was going to take us as he grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the jet that was ready to go.

Zekey was so excited that he didn't fully sleep throughout the night because he kept waking me up and asking if it was time to go when it was only two in the morning.

The bags under his small, squinty, and puffy eyes were enough to know this but his inside-out shirt and the fact that he was wearing two different shoes proved this child couldn't contain his joy and rushed out the door.

It filled my heart entirely seeing how happy he was to finally be set free from outside those constricting walls he's been trapped in along with Logan who couldn't believe he was sitting inside a private jet and not stuck inside his bedroom.

They both were like caged birds who were finally given a chance to expand their beautiful wings and experience the wonderful warmth of the sun, breath in the fresh air, and see the wonders of the giant world that was hidden from them.

Being able to witness them express these curious, fascinated expressions with the smallest things around us probably resembled my same fascination with seeing such luxurious things.

Zekey sat next to Logan while I sat across from them on the next available seat as Kai made his strong presence known sitting at the end of the aisle where he didn't want anyone near him.

He kept focusing on his phone while his demon hounds sat the closest to him but they still kept their distance as they seemed just as curious as us to know what Kai was planning.

I noticed there was some tension between them and I'm not sure why but they played it very well as if nothing was wrong.

I kept shifting in my spot and couldn't stay still for very long but I had to suck it up because that's what I get for being a horny idiot who begged Kai to use all his strength to almost rip my ass apart with his dick last night.

Kai has been letting me know that he has no problem being intimate since we've been having sex almost every night and he seems to greatly like being rough and dominating in bed.

No surprise there of course.

I honestly don't mind it at all if that's what helps him relieve all his pent-up stress and anger that may be affecting him but sometimes I wish he would speak to me instead of trying to use sex as a distraction to his problems.

I want to be the one he lets his guard down with and who he can trust with whatever is bothering him regardless of how scary, weird, or too difficult it may be.

I've liked Kai for a while now and I can distinguish his moods very quickly because of how much attention I've paid to his body language and facial expressions throughout the time we've spent together.

Not to mention the expression in his menacing eyes that reflect what he is going through inside which he tends to hide perfectly from everyone else but not me.

It troubles me tremendously to witness Kai block his emotions and let these negative feelings eat him alive instead of speaking out about his hardships.

No person is strong enough to live and go through what Kai has done in his short twenty-year life without breaking completely.

I worry that one day that darkness that I see creeps into his eyes that he tries to hide from me will one day consume him whole...