(One Shot) The Masquerade Heist [Joker x Spade]

(No one's POV)

It was a bright and sunny afternoon in the middle of November where a pair of certain thieves decided to meet up at a coffee shop to talk.

The silver headed teen walked into the coffee shop, quickly looking around for the frie- rival of his to talk. He quickly found the other as he sat down on the empty seat across from the other. "Hey Spade" he said before the person sitting across from him, averted his gaze from his laptop to meet his own. "Hey Joker" said Spade as the two gazed within each other's eyes for a split second before turning away.

"So... what'd you want to talk about?" he asked quickly. "Well... there is this... event for a heist.... and... I need a partner to help me with it. So... I was wondering... if you'd help me?" Joker stuttered out his explanation, hesitation evident within his voice.

"...Why didn't you ask Queen if you need a partner? Wouldn't it be better to go with a female-?" Spade asked with a flat tone. "Well... you could say that, we aren't really on good terms right now" Joker said with a sigh.

" What about Rose?"

"Shadow would kill me before I even get to talk to her"

"Why don't you ask Shadow then?"

"...I'll be killed either way"

"Akai?"

"He'd burn me alive before even getting a chance to ask him. You know he's dating Blue"

"..."

"Please?"

"...fine"

Joker made a silent victory as he convinced his cru- friend into joining him on a heist that specifically needed two people to succeed. The rest of the time there, they were just chatting about nonsense and other random stuff, sometimes made small jokes to entertain one another.

"And then... Queen came in, and got 'obliterated' her words, not mine. She screamed so loud that I could practically hear her up in Sky Joker. She ran out screaming and shouting my name in fury. Once she found me in Sky Joker, she chased after me as quickly as I fell in love with my crush" explained Joker with a slight chuckle. It took Spade a quick amount of time to let all the things he said sink in. He noticed the last particular sentence to be especially... intriguing.

"Ooo~" he began, "Someone caught your eye Joker?" Spade cooed slyly. Joker stiffened before turning bright red. "Who is it? Who is it??" Spade continued teasing. "...n- no one in particular... that you need to know..." Joker said in embarrassment. "Awww, shy? Tell you what, you give me some hints and then I'll leave you alone" the latter continued. "Ugh fine, as long as you keep your end of the promise" said the silver haired with frustration.

"What do you want to know?"

"Hmm... for instance... do I know this person you have an interest on?" the blue haired began.

"You could say that..."

"Alright... is this person of female gender?"

"...no..."

"Interesting... what had you intrigue at first sight?"

"...his personality, beautiful mysterious eyes, ...looks, ...hair, ...lips..." the silver-headed teen began stating, slowly stopping as he recalled who he was talking to.

"Ah... anything else?"

"No..."

"Okay..."

Spade thought about what Joker had said. His hints were too common... it wasn't enough for Spade to be able to decipher who this mysterious person that had caught Joker's eye...