𝑇𝑤𝑜𑁍

Laura, Liam's mom, made warm bowls of soup and toasts for breakfast as she watched her son eat with contentment. It made her heart swell with pride and joy to have such wonderful kid that she raised all alone.

Liam's father died in a road accident when he was just 3. Laura never re-married. She wanted to be there for her son in every step. She inherited the Van Kirk company her husband left to her and their son, life was settled.

Recently, she was transferred from New York branch to here in Georgia. She knew it was hard to move from a place of roots, but she was astonished when her son showed no objection. He was rather happy. He said it was somewhat his show of affection and respect. She couldn't be prouder.

"I'ma head out now. Byee." Liam kissed Laura's cheek and ran out.

"Drive safe!" She yelled as he left.

---

Liam was waiting outside for Fallon. He really had to talk to the cute blondie and he couldn't wait.

He tapped his fingers against his jeans and ran his hand through his hair. For some reason, he felt nervous. He has always been confident on the matters of girls.

But this particular girl had done something to his heart and he couldn't keep the emotions at bay. For real.

After a few more minutes, his 'new gang' appeared out of a Lamborghini, Jeff's, Liam rolled his eyes and patiently waved at them.

"Yo man. We gonna bunk today. You up?" Jeff gave him an all teeth smile and Liam could just stiffen a tight lipped smile.

"I'm good. I have History today, I don't wanna miss."

"He just wanna fuck that blonde bitch-" Colin interrupted but stopped when Jeff put a hand on his chest.

Liam fumed, ready to strike if another loathsome word left those lips about Fallon.

"Listen, don't just bother me, okay? I'm fine on my own."

"Your card, man. No need to get all riled up." Culhane stepped in and patted Liam's shoulders before they all backed away.

He watched as Colin pulled out a packet from his pocket and they all sneaked back inside Jeff's car. Cocaine? Well, he couldn't care less.

Then he heard her voice.

He whipped his head around and saw Fallon. An immediate smile broke onto his face and he quickly ran a hand over his fluffed up hair to make it look more messy then approached the group of four.

"Hey." He said, sounding quite out of breath.

Fallon was wearing a cobalt blue button down shirt today with rolled up skinny jeans and sneakers. Her hair was sprawled over her back and some was tied in a small bun on top of her head. She looked so adorable, Liam fawned.

"Hey?" She quirked an eyebrow.

"I'm Liam."

"We know, now move away." Sam narrowed his eyes at him.

"Can I get your name?" He asked politely.

"I'm Sam. This is Kirby, Monica and this is Fallon. Happy? Now get the fuck outta here." He hissed.

"Oh-kay, Sammy Joe. Calm your pants." Fallon stopped the fuming boy and pushed him back to step in face to face with the new hottie.

"Did you want something? A prank maybe? Otherwise, you can excuse us."

"Why do you think I'd want to do something like that?" Liam asked with hurt in his voice. He really wanted to be their friend.

Fallon was taken aback by his voice, she softened her eyes and uncrossed her arms from across her chest.

"Well, you're with the Hawkes. And they are bad news for us. So-"

Realization dawned on the blonde boy's face and he gave the biggest grin possible, making Fallon's heart pound a bit faster.

"No worries, ladies," he pointed at Sam, "and gentleman, I'm no longer with those assholes, atleast not in their group but aquiantances only. I do wanna know ya'll better. If you'd let me." He batted his lashes and smiled more.

Those dimples weren't helping the way Fallon felt like her heart would burst out of her chest. She curled and uncurled her fingers, sighed loudly then shared glances with her homies.

Reaching the result, she looked over at an expectant looking Liam.

"Alright. You can hang out with us every once in a while."

Liam smacked his lips and twirled around with the cheekiest smile plastered over his face.

"Thanks. I'll see ya at History then." He waved his hand and jogged inside the school.

"Wait," Sam creepily brought his face close to Fallon's ear before whispering, "Did he spy on which classes you have with him?"

Fallon was desperately trying to wipe the smile off her face as she replied.

"Guess so."

"Such a creep." Monica mumbled, blowing air on her newly polished nails.

"Anyway, good news is the Hawkes are off perimeter today. So we're chill for the day!!" Kirby exclaimed and the four shared some 'woohoos', then walked to their first class of the day.

---

After school, the four of them decided to go karaoke since it was the weekend and they wanted to get drunk and do crazy stuff, no one could know because they were still minors though.

"Guys go sit in the car, I'll join you in a few minutes. I gotta talk to Mr. Paul." Fallon said and the others agreed.

She was on her way to Mr. Paul when someone bumped into her. She was about to fall backwards when a pair of strong arms encircled around her waist, stopping her from falling.

She looked up to meet the chocolaty eyes of none other than Culhane, staring in to her blue ones with buried emotions. She gulped, quickly jumping on her feet and scattering herself away from his grip.

"Sorry." She muttered.

"I-it's okay." Culhane breathed out, his hand running over his face as he straightened his shirt. But his eyes kept trained on her face.

They stood there in awkward silence for a second before Fallon decided to leave, Culhane grabbed her arm, she flinched.

"Sorry, I wanted to talk about something." He said softly.

Fallon was surprised to hear this tone. She saw his eyes in times when Colin and the others would bother her, his eyes were sorry, upset, they were apologizing. But she hated that look. That look never saved her from those hateful words, or the gross touches here and there. She couldn't care less if Culhane felt bad.

"What?" She asked impatiently.

Culhane exhaled sharply then finally started talking, his fingers wringing between the other. Fallon felt entrapped under the silence.

"I'm reallly sorry for everything Jeff and Colin, Eric put you through. I know I never could help you, or save you from them but I really wanted to. It's no excuse I know. I still wanted you to know that I'm so sorry. And," he stopped and Fallon looked up to meet his eyes, expecting his next words.

"And I like you. I really like you."

The silence was over bearing and Fallon was speechless. In a very miniscule corner, she knew about this. Girls could realize a lot of things, and she could feel that. It wasn't a surprise for her.

She smiled softly at him.

"Thank you for that. But I'm sorry, I don't like you that way." Saying that, she walked past him.

---