5. Chasing The Storm

Y/N's POV

We were now in Puente Antiguo, New Mexico. The sky was dark as it was very early in the morning, we were currently in hopes that the pattern we have been able to trace out was correct and the anomaly was about to be shown.

As Darcy was driving, Jane and I were sat opposite eachother in the back of the van, she was staring daggers right at me... when I caught on, I looked nervously at her before realising why she looked mad.

Y/N: This is because I ate the last of the ice cream, isn't it?

Jane: I shall never forgive such a blatant betrayal.

I could tell she was somewhat not serious, but the fact she remained with that stare of hers made me a little... intimidated.

Once the van stopped, Jane got up and poked her head through the exposed roof, the van was in a large plain set of land, I followed through and stood behind the astrophysicist.

I looked at the stars, still in awe of the beauty of this planet. Jane sets up a device on the edge of the exposed roof and takes out a stopwatch monitor. Erik looked to Jane, with a look of unsureness, as we were the ones who requested him to fly and join us here.

Jane: Um

Jane: Um... wait for it?

I smiled at her hopefulness, she really never fails to believe in the things she believes is true.

Erik: Jane, you can't keep doing this...

The rebellious woman didn't listen and decided to go back inside the van, immediately pulling out the laptop with statistics, I merely smirked seeing this in somewhat amusement. I got back down to join her.

Jane: The last 17 occurrences have been predictable to this second.

Erik: Jane, you're an astrophysicist, not a storm chaser.

Including the professor wasn't having it, he thought Jane was going crazy as she was over analysing. But I knew she wasn't...

Jane: I'm telling you, there's a connection between these atmospheric disturbances and my research... I wouldn't have asked you to fly out here if I wasn't absolutely sure.

Y/N: Give it some time, Jane. I know you're right.

Jane: Thank you... but I'm still not forgiving you.

She got a smile out before returning to her work, I then looked out the front window, where I heard Darcy gasp loudly.

Darcy: Guys, you might want to look at this...

That caught the attention of Jane and all three of us looked through the transparent glass, to see a bright symbol form in the grey clouds.