9. The Destroyer

Y/N's POV

The sunlight penetrated my eye lids, making me shut them harder in an attempt to stop the light. But to no avail, I groggily woke up with a grunt.

I opened up my eyelids and yawned, adjusting to where I was sleeping. It was outside the trailer and beside me, taking up quite a lot of space on the one longue chair was Jane.

The events of last night came into play in my mind... I kissed Jane. I kissed Jane.

A part of me felt free and expressive but did I regret my decision? Partly yes and partly no.

Y/N: Hey, stargirl.

I said softly, my hand going on her little shoulder which caused her entire body to shift further into me. She was acting like a little child.

A grunt came from her, which made me smile. I leant down and carefully pressed my lips on her perfect skin, before briefly pulling away.

Y/N: Jane, wake up before someone sees us.

I gently shake her about, before finally she yawned and begrudgingly got up from her peaceful slumber.

???: I've already seen.

We both heard and looked to the left of our positioning, to see Darcy, with a plate of breakfast in her hands. She didn't seem suprised but actually more pleased to see.

Jane: Umm... how long have you been watching us.

Darcy: About five minutes. You guys sleep so deep.

The scientist commented, before walking away. I look at Jane, still getting goosebumps when she makes eye contact with me.

She gives a fuzzy smile and I reciprocate. She then places her hand on my chest.

Jane: I still hope I'm not dreaming.

Y/N: Trust me, you're not.

After a pause of just looking at eachother in the eyes, I hear her voice again, trying to say something.

Jane: C-Can we kiss again? I liked it.

I smiled and nodded, wanting the same thing too secretly. I grabbed her jaw gently and pressed my lips against hers, and I was back on cloud nine.

Her lips moved in unison with mine and I continued to match the increasing passion, it wasn't rough but it was slow and intense.

After we had to pull away for air, we gazed in eachother's eyes... not wanting to leave this moment but we had to.

Y/N: We should probably check on Thor.

Jane: Yeah we should.

I heard her say disappointingly as she mounted off the bed, I stood up and stretched, before following the brunette back to the laboratory.

-

Jane's POV

The five of us had now made an amazing team. We were in the lab cleaning up and organising work together.

It was great now, I was happier than ever. I felt super reassured and that my research was indeed true.

While I was watching Y/N sweep the floor, admiring how helpful and selfless he was... a sudden bang caught us all off guard.

A smash came from below when Erik dropped the mug in his hand...