Chapter 1: The Stranger

Dipper was far out in the forest, farther than he had ever been. He started walking and eventually zoned out to his surroundings. He had finally realized he was lost. "Crap," he muttered to himself. "W-where am I?" He continued walking for what seemed like forever.
           A twelve year old girl with short brown hair watched him for a while then she walked out in front of him. "H-hello," she said hesitantly.
Dipper fell back. He was hesitant at first. "Hey," he said, slightly waving. He stood up, brushing himself off.
           "I-it's Dipper right?" She asked and circled him then she paused and glanced around, making sure no one else was around. "I noticed your journal, m-may I see it? " She asked kindly.
           Dipper's eyes grew wider as she said his name. He watched her cautiously as she circled him. At the mention of his journal he pulled it in tightly to his chest. "Who are you? H-how do you know my name?" He asked shakily.
           "O-oh, my name's Star, well I guess it's because of my birth mark on my shoulder." She explained and lifted up her sleeve to show him, then she paused. " I saw a glimpse of your birthmark and guessed that was your nickname like me." She explained and smiled. "Smart huh?" She added.
           Dipper put a hand up to his forehead. "Oh, ok. Yea, very smart actually." He said, loosing his tight grip on his journal.