Chapter 4: Bill's Secret

Dipper ran over to her, nearly tripping. "How did I miss this? I've been out in this part of the forest a million times before!" Dipper explained and he examined the lever and the door.
"The lever is invisible until it's pulled, that's why it was so hard to find." Star explained and walked into the door.
" Oh, heh...ok" Dipper said and followed in after her cautiously.
Star reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a flashlight and turned it on. "Come on, nothing except us are down here." She promised and sighed, continuing on into the darkness. "If you want to know more about the journals, I can tell you." She explained and her gaze only focussed ahead.
"Sorry, I've just had bad experiences in previous bunkers." Dipper said, stepping around things on the floor. "So how do you know about the journals, the author, and such?" Dipper asked.
Star stopped walking. "Oh ya, I remember the whole thing with Wendy." She said and wrapped her arm over his shoulders. "Don't worry though, I'm sure she still respects you for understanding, who...who knows," she paused and looked away. "Maybe things will work out for you after all." She muttered. "Anyway, back to the journals. It's a long story, I guess you could say I helped write them. The author was like a dad to me. I never really had parents before so he took me in for a while, but then...he went into that machine. I haven't seen him since." She explained.
Dipper rubbed his arm, blushing slightly. "I didn't know that you knew about that." He muttered, kicking the ground. He mumbled something incoherently then looked at her. "You helped write them?!" Dipper asked, bewildered.
Star nodded and pointed at the journal. "May I see it?" She asked, " you can trust me, fight?" She added.
Dipper still hesitated but he gave her the journal.
Star examined it and flipped through the pages. "Just as I thought, the pages ended when he went into that machine. Dipper, I see you've been writing in this journal. That's amazing! Why don't you finish off the journal with what you find while I'm showing you around." She suggested and gave it back. "Flip to the page with Bill's wheel. This place refers to it." She explained and continued on into a dark room.