Chapter 9: The Secret That Will Change Minds

Later that night, Dipper had invited star to spend the night. Star and the pines twins were watching a movie. They hadn't noticed but it was already 12:30.
Bill appeared in front of the tv.
Dipper jumped to his feet and stood protectively in front of star and Mabel. " what do you want?"
Bill looked at him " oh nothing, I'm just here to see fate role down its path. "
Dipper glared at him " what do you mean? "
" you'll find out soon enough " Bill snickered
Star hesitated and looked at her clock, she stiffened and stood, taking a few steps back. " guys don't freak out " her watch beeped and she changed into a deer.
Dipper's eyes narrowed "w-what?"
" you don't know anything about star pine tree, she's been keeping many secrets from you. " Bill explained then vanished.

When the clock hit 2, star went back to normal.
Dipper glared at her " How could you?! I thought we could be a thing! Why didn't you tell me before?! Could you not trust me with that secret?! Whatever it is, we are over! " he shouted and stomped upstairs to his bed.
Star winced and sorrow and tears filled her eyes. " d-dipper.....I'm sorry " she whimpered. She sat against the wall, hugging her knees, hiding her face, and crying.
Mabel sat next to star, trying to cheer her up. Mabel was too tired to move upstairs so she fell asleep next to star.
After about a half hour, star had fallen asleep as well, dipper walked downstairs and saw star and Mabel. He sighed, staring at star for a few moments then walked over and picked up Mabel. He brought her upstairs and settled her in her bed. He kissed her forehead and went to his own bed, crawling in. " goodnight mabes " he muttered and fell asleep.