The Next Step

Y/N POV

"You will be mine forever," he smiled, pressing his lips to yours.

Smiling, you snuggled your face into the crook of his neck.

"Now that we're engaged, you're not allowed to hide things from me."

Nodding your head, you held him tightly, your hands shaking still noticeable to you.

"Let's get you ready. It's time to get you healthy for our wedding," he smiled.

"Now?!" You panicked.

"Let's get you checked into a rehab facility for just a couple of days."

"No!" You argued, pulled away, the fear washing over you like a tsunami.

"Y/N, do you trust me?"

"I-I d-do."

"Then trust that this will help, alright?"

You wanted to argue, everything swirling around you, you wanted to get better, but you still weren't ready to admit to yourself that it had become that big of a problem.

"One step at a time."

"I trust you," you whispered, afraid to face this unknown.

Following Yoongi in hand, you tried to continually take deep breaths as the lights from the street passed by. Yoongi's hand never left yours; his reassuring hold was enough to help you stay in control.

Walking in, you held onto Yoongi tighter. The nerves were getting worse with each step you took closer.

"Hi, how can I help you?" the receptionist asked.

"Yes, can we get one room for rehab?" Yoongi asked.

"Yes, which center? We have mental, drug abuse, food anxiety, etc., any of those sound right?" she asked.

"Yes, food anxiety, please."

"Alright, we just ask that all personal belongings be placed in these bins for the stay," she said, placing a plastic bin on the counter.

"Y-Yoongi, I-I d-don-n't w-wa-ant to d-do t-this."

"I know, but remember, we have a wedding to plan, and you need your health to plan it," he answered gently, his lips pressing to your forehead.

Nodding your head and taking a deep breath, you pulled your purse off.

"Your ring, too," she chimed.

Looking down at your engagement ring, you hesitated to take it off. Your hand shaking as you pulled it off, you went to place it in the bin, but Yoongi grabbed your wrist gently.

"I'll hold onto it for you."

"Alright," you smiled.

"I'll be here in a couple of days, alright?"

"I love you," you whispered, wrapping your arms around his waist tightly.

His arms wrapped around you, his lips pressing into your temple.

"I love you too," he said, gently pressing his lips to yours.

Following the nurse that had appeared, you followed her anxiously. You couldn't help but look over your shoulder until you had turned the corner.

YOONGI POV

It was hard to see her so nervous, but he wanted her to get better. Walking back towards the car, he placed her ring in his pocket, unsure if he had made the right decision forcing her to the center, but he needed to know that she was getting help. He couldn't handle knowing that she was breaking, and he couldn't help her.