Mr.Vox

Alastor's p.o.v

I paced back and forth in my dimly lit room. The day was now closing in with the ball being only a few hours away. Charlie has finally gathered everything she needed and was able to hand out flyers while Angel wasn't yet back and y/n ran out to deal with "business". I couldn't help but to feel slightly uneasy. Charlie and the others weren't aware that myself and that vile snake had history and truthfully i wanted to keep it that way. I sighed heavily and walked over to my gramophone and started up some good old Bessie smith. I hummed along with the tune as i sat down to read the newspaper adjusting my monocle. Before to long my eyes began to sag and i fell into a peaceful light slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's p.o.v

I took a long drag off of my cigarette before pushing open two heavy metal doors of a large gated in business. A receptionist with long red tentacle hair and overly botoxed lips sat at the desk typing in something on her computer. I placed my arms on the counter before the woman looked up fixing the small rimmed glasses over her nose. "Can I help you?" She said in an uninterested tone.

"Yes, actually. I'm here to see mr.vox." The woman leaned forward in her chair.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"Oh come on valaca. We go through this every time. He contacted me himself."

The woman now known as valaca pressed a button on the phone beside her computer. "Mr.vox, y/n is here to see you. I'm sending her up." She nodded her head confirming that it was okay to go up. I thanked her quickly and walked over to the elevators taking in deep breaths. I hated dealing with the guy but the pay was good. He may not be the most gentlemanly demon but i didn't give a shit. As long as i had money in my pockets.

I entered the elevator pressing floor 5 and watched the silver doors clang together. I held my shoulders high and put on a proud smile before reaching the floor of one of the most powerful overlords of hell. I walked down a long hall filled with office after office watching employees inside typing away at computers and drinking coffee. At the end of the hall stood a glossy bronze door with a plaque reading VOX. I reached it getting ready to knock before the seven foot tv demon himself opened it for me.

"Ah my dear y/n. Come in come in!" He chirped. I smiled at him before stepping in, the door closing behind me. Vox walked back over to his desk sitting down. "Sit on down! We have a lot to discuss." I hesitated a moment before grabbing the chair in front of his desk and sitting as well. Vox put his arms on the table and crossed his fingers.

"So, any updates?"

I bit my lip. "Unfortunately nothing yet sir. I've only been at the hotel for about two nights now. But, I still have about a week left. I can promise you that I will bring you Alastor." I swallowed hard. If he wasn't happy with the way things were going already i'd lose this opportunity and all the money ive been swallowing up lavishly. Vox was silent for a moment then stood up making me flinch. He's never hurt me but just his demeanor scared me shitless. He hummed a moment and opened a closet near the office door. "You did say there was a ball tonight. Correct?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yes sir. But why are you as-" before i could finish vox pulled out a gorgeous purple dress that made my eyes widen.

"S-sir! But it isn't going to be anything extravagant!"

Vox chuckled. "I don't do this often so don't speak anything of it to another soul. I only purchased it to keep suspicions low. You wouldn't want to go back empty handed." I nodded in understanding. At least he didn't seem angry. Vox handed it over to me and i took it admiring the beauty of it. It must've been quite expensive. "Now then, I want you to contact me in the next two days with an update on that foul demon. If I do not hear anything we may have a problem. Understood?" I gave him my best smile. "Of course dear! I will make sure your orders are met."

Vox smiled deviously and reached his office door but hesitated to open it. " by the way, I see those bandages on your arms. I hope you haven't allowed that vile beast to already take control. I have been paying you graciously so I hope you understand failure is NOT an option."

"Of course not sir. I would never."

"Good. You can take your leave then."

Vox opened the door allowing me to take my leave with the dress in hand heels clacking against the marble floor. the ball only hours away.

844 words