Twenty-Eight: Visitor

*I guess slight warning for language and visuals? Idk, lol*

***

In the end, it was Jun who left to inform his father of what was happening. Damon would have gone – but found, right after the call with Ava ended, that his morning sickness was not so willing to let him. He bolted to the bathroom and wretched for a solid three minutes before he felt well enough to look up from the toilet at Jun, who had followed him to rub his back soothingly and offer him a damp washcloth for his face when he was done. If Damon hadn't just thrown up what felt like half his internal organs and felt well enough to move, he would kiss that man senseless. As it was, he didn't think Jun would appreciate a kiss that tasted like vomit. Then again, Jun was just weird enough to not mind, probably.

So Jun volunteered to go and let Damon rest. He of course, like a dutiful boyfriend, made sure Damon was tucked into bed with some light snacks if he felt like eating, hot tea, a warming pad, and a basin for if he was sick again before leaving. Forget a kiss. If Damon felt better, he would have sucked Jun's dick down like a vacuum. He was supposed to get unreasonably horny at some point during the pregnancy, right? That's how it worked? You were sick for the first part, then horny, then a beachball, then there was a kid.

Damon was sure this was correct, and he was taking no arguments about it. When did the horny part start? He wanted the horny part. He was sure Jun probably did too – though he looked concerningly pleased to be taking care of Damon like this.

Anyway, Jun left Damon to lounge in bed like a spoiled lover (he was) and Damon tried to go back to sleep, but it was a fruitless effort.

Between the nausea and Elizabeth's disappearance, Damon couldn't see himself getting any rest for the foreseeable future.

Oh god. What about Elizabeth's family? They were in Venus pack, right? They didn't know.

Damon assumed that once Silas found out, he would tell them. It would be impossible not to.

The question was, did they know that Elizabeth was in Ganymede pack in the first place? They must know. Right? But Elizabeth didn't even tell Jun that she was in Ganymede pack, and she was essentially there for him, so maybe not. Damon didn't know if she had a particularly close relationship with them.

Damon hoped she was okay. He hoped it was nothing – that she had gone on some adventure on a whim and had forgotten to tell anyone where she was going.

Damon knew in his gut that wasn't the case. But being anxious about it wasn't going to help right now. He just had to let someone with more power take the reins. Damon, for the first time, was weirdly grateful that his boyfriend was born into a powerful family.

An hour passed before Jun returned. Damon had managed to doze for about five minutes, but when he heard the door downstairs open, he was wide awake. Jun had returned – but he wasn't alone. Low murmurs accompanied his entry. It was three other people, by the sound of it. Alarmed, Damon forced the nausea to the back of his mind (but cradled the basin to his chest just in case) and went downstairs.

Damon ran into Jun on his way down the stairs, presumably coming up to get him. Damon raised his eyebrows at Jun in question, feeling a bit like a little kid with the way he was still in his rumpled pajamas, hugging a puke bowl (clean, thankfully. He had just been dry heaving for the most part) like a kid would a stuffed toy.

Jun's lips twitched with barely contained amusement. Damon scoffed. The audacity. That's it. No more kids for this asshole. After this one, he was done. It was half Jun's fault that Damon was like this. The absolute nerve.

Jun quickly schooled his expression, clearing his throat. "It's my parents. And...a visitor."

Visitor? Did Jun not know who it was? Shouldn't he know pretty much everyone in the pack? If he did, wouldn't he just say who they are? Jun seemed to read Damon's thoughts and shrugged. He didn't know, then.

Alright. Weird. Damon wondered what they wanted. Maybe to help with the search?

Then, much too late, Damon remembered that Jun hadn't told his parents that Damon was pregnant yet, and his eyes widened.

"Jun," he whispered urgently, stepping closer and inadvertently getting a whiff of Jun's scent, which settled his stomach a bit, weirdly enough. "What did you tell your parents?"

Jun tilted his head, confused.

"About me. About why I couldn't go see them myself," he hinted, voice low. Or in other words, if Damon walked out there pale as a ghost and hugging a basin, would they assume that he had the flu (which werewolves didn't get), or would they think that he was currently growing a person?

Jun's expression smoothed. "They know. I just told them."

Wha – just told them? Like, within the past hour?

Jun...baby...do you think there could have been better timing for that bombshell? Jun didn't seem particularly concerned about it, so Damon could only hope that his parents were really, really good at just going with the flow.

...Or maybe Damon was about to be skewered by them for baby-trapping their son.

***

*Approximately forty-five minutes ago*

Ian came out of his bedroom, Silas following behind him, rubbing his bleary eyes. They had been awoken by their eldest son pounding on their bedroom door. At four in the morning. Clearly, something was seriously wrong. Ian's heart was racing.

Jun was his most self-contained baby. His soft-hearted sweetheart. He had grown up so well, into a man who was confident, straightforward, and kind. Yet, even as a child, Jun had never been one to run to his mom and dad when he had a problem. It worried Ian at first. He thought Jun wasn't comfortable talking to them, and that they wouldn't know to help him if something actually did happen.

He eventually learned that that wasn't the case. Jun just wasn't the type to get into trouble, and when he did, he was usually more than capable of handling it on his own.

"What's wrong?" Ian said, trying to read his son's face, and finding nothing particularly alarming, though he did seem a bit...unsettled, perhaps?

"It's Elizabeth. She's missing," he said. "Damon just got a call from his friend in Ganymede pack. Elizabeth has been staying with her. Apparently Damon's friend hasn't seen her in two days."

Ian was wide awake now. He could feel Silas stiffening behind him as well.

"It seems I came at the right time," a voice said from down the hallway. "This is what I came here to discuss with you as well." As one, all three turned to look.

The woman who emerged from the shadows had an otherworldly presence, with her draping, colorful layered clothing, stark white hair, and dark skin covered with black tattoos. She was clearly an elder, but her face was unlined. Her eyes were bright and calculating, and seemed to look through you. She had arrived just a few hours ago, requesting to meet with Ian and Silas in the morning to discuss an important matter.

This woman was someone Ian and Silas were very well acquainted with, and someone that they had been meaning to contact anyway, so her arrival was quite fortuitous indeed.

"We should all talk," the woman said. "This Damon person should be included as well, if he is in contact with the last person to see her."

"Where is Damon?" Ian asked. "I thought you two would be attached at the hip." If Damon had been the one to get the call, why hadn't he come with Jun? It was odd.

Jun blinked slowly at him. "He's got morning sickness. We can meet at my apartment."

And with that, he walked off, expecting them to follow. Ian froze.

He... he's got what?