Getting to Know Each Other

Many started to find their seats. Groups who were hostile towards each other took tables that are far away from each other. As much as some were tempted to start conflict, no one wanted to incur Red's wrath.

Cale discussed with Red once more over the identities of the members of the audience. Just as they finished talking, Cale briefly made eye contact with his father. He stiffened before immediately looking away.

Damn it. He already fought murder machines, dragons and even gods! Why does he feel so nervous over family matters?

-"Huh, so there's that half-witted fool."

The teen version of his biological mother's voice sounded displeased.

Even if it was only a brief moment, the redhead had easily seen the desperation in his father's eyes. He honestly wished his father just hated his trash son, so it would be easier for Cale to cut ties with the them, to allow his father to live with his own second family happily with no longer having to deal with a problematic son whose red hair only reminded him of his dead first wife. But of course, nothing's ever easy.

The redhead traveler felt someone place a hand on his shoulder while another grabbed his arm. He turned to see Menogias and Lumine giving him worried expressions.

"Let's go. Paimon and the others already found our table." Lumine told him.

-"Cutie, try to relax. Your real family is with you."

Cale didn't even get the chance to say anything when both of them silently dragged him to their table. Lumine and Menogias stealthily shared a glance with each other. They knew more than enough of Cale's past to know what he is thinking right now.

Deruth's heart broke when his son (Did he even deserve to call him that?) looked away and didn't bother speaking with him. Cale must hate him for being such a terrible father. He deserved this treatment after years of neglecting his son.

Violan gently held her husband's trembling hand while she and her children stared at the redhead in sorrow.

Even those who worked in the Henituse Estate, including Ron and Beacrox, had their eyes on the trashy young master the whole time. Even with his demand for alcohol earlier, they couldn't help but look at him in uncertainty, especially with his strange company.

The table the children and Shiki Taishou took was a large round table with a curved sofa. Cale sat on the sofa with Lumine and Menogias by either side of him. Paimon sat next to Lumine, feeling hungry again despite having just eaten. Raon and the kittens lied down on his lap while Endora swam in a large fish tank that suddenly appeared out of nowhere at the center of the table. Shiki Taishou simply floated above the table along with the rest of the Mini Seelies.

Taylor and Paseton urged Cage and the whale royalty (and Archie) to sit with those from Teyvat, because out of everyone here (except for their loved ones), the former cripple and half-Whale felt most comfortable sitting with the company of the redhead and his friends and the two also wanted to introduce them. Shickler told the rest of the whale tribe that was transported here to find a table of their own as their royalty will be sitting with Paseton's friends.

Maes and his siblings also wanted to sit with Cale and the others. However, Maes was sharp enough to notice the tension in his hyung's form when looking at the redhead. The wolf boy frowned at the glare that the black-haired man is giving Cale. He and the other children knew the story behind it. While he couldn't blame the man's anger, he is letting his emotions affect his view on Cale too much without considering that there was more to the redhead than simply being 'trash'. From the looks of it, his hyung probably only heard of the black-haired man's side of the story.