Author's AU Note 2

In this AU, Cale is sent to Teyvat at least one month prior to the story. He was immediately found by Lumine and Paimon and has been travelling with them ever since.

Cale is actually a prodigy of many talents, (and contrary to what everyone thinks, including himself, is actually a better successor than Basen) but is forgotten under his trash reputation.

Because of this, Cale is an extremely fast learner and quick to adapt. He is able to speak Teyvat's common tongue with fluency within a week while it took Lumine two months to learn.

He is also quick to get used to using his Polearm within a month despite not having trained for years. Though, this is also because Lumine is a much better trainer than his private instructors, as she would encourage him to be more creative with his fighting style.

He uses his Anemo abilities to become light on his feet, allowing him to perform acrobatic moves with ease. What he lacks in power, he makes it up for it with speed and versatility. He basically now has a fighting style that's similar to Ruby Rose from RWBY.

He takes Lumine's advice of creativity to heart. As a result, he constantly gets inspired by other people's fighting styles. Ex. Seeing Childe's Hydro blades inspired him to make Geo weapons in case he loses his original Polearm.

Despite all this, Lumine is still stronger than him.

(Lumine's fighting capabilities is not limited to her gameplay, that's why she's really strong unlike her generic gameplay style. Like I said before, the characters here are a lot more creative with their abilities like in story cutscenes and the manga.)

Also, from the standards of his homeworld, Cale would be classified as a spearmaster.