Part-22

The rising sun's rays illuminated the  city sky, erasing all traces of the torrential downpour from the previous night. Two pairs of eyes that were adoring the serene beauty of the dawn now looked at each other. Being drawn by Naina's hypnotic eyes Sameer unmindfully moved a bit closer to her. Sameer's hand came into contact with Naina's as he held onto the railing. He for once observed Naina's face to see if there was any sign of discomfort or reticence, but there were not. As soon as his hand came into contact with Naina's, her poor heart stopped beating. Staring at their adjacent hands she was waiting for his next move. Following her gaze, Sameer could read her mind. He slowly wrapped his large palm with Naina's soft, tiny one. The birds' twittering mingled with the sound of his fast-beating heart.

After an unspecified period of time, Sameer felt that Naina's hand began to softly wiggle beneath Sameer's palm as she was slowly withdrawing her hand from his hold. Naina smiled shyly as she glanced at her own hand which was just a moment ago in Sameer's grasp. When she looked at him, he kissed his hand and smiled triumphantly. Colour crept up her cheeks and she turned around but knew that Sameer too was moving towards her. For a moment, they stood in silence, facing each other. Then, breaking the tranquillity of the morning Sameer uttered, looking suggestively into Naina's eyes, "Toh.."

It took a few seconds for Naina to understand as she responded with lowered eyes, "Toh kuch bhi nahi..."

Her shy reply made Sameer smile. He bent forward towards her and questioned in a low voice, "Toh tum kuch nahi bologi?"

"K..kya bolun?" Her voice trembled and he replied immediately, "Wahi three words jo chitthi mein likhke diya tha.."

"Aise kaise.. Abhi!!" Naina uttered nervously. But, Sameer was not ready to give up, "Aagar likh ke baata sakte toh bolke kyun nahin?" Maine bhi to bola na puri duniya ke samne... Toh tum kyun nahi?"

This boy, didn't he know how much she loved him? Then why he was insisting on her to voice her feeling. He should know that those seemingly simple words were not so simple to utter.

"Bas ek baar bol do na please." Sameer's eyes sparkled with immense love as he implored Naina. Peering at his love filled eyes Naina's heart melted. How could she not fulfill his wish. Taking a deep breathe she gathered some courage.

"Naina..." Preeti's voice from the doorway shattered both Naina's courage and Sameer's hope. Sameer rolled his eyes seeing her stepping towards them.

"Niche chal.. Bhaiya bhabhi bula rahe hai..." coming like a hurricane Preeti ushered her sister.

"Aab Preeti kyun kabab mein haddi ban rahi hai.." He muttered in a low voice which made Naina stifle her giggle. Glancing for a last at Sameer's grumpy face Naina walked towards her sister.

"Haan, chal.." Naina directed Preeti but instead of going with Naina, she neared Sameer. Then made a poker face she said, "Main kabab mein haddi hun?"

Naina slapped her forehead while Sameer gulped once thinking how Preeti had heard his low-uttered words. "Mera kehne ka woh matlab nahi tha.." the nervous reply came from Sameer's mouth.

"Accha, aisa hai!! Koi baat nahi Jo maan chahe bol lijiye... Par saach to yahi haai ki mere bina na aap dono ki pyaar ki gadhi age nahi badhta. Toh thoda sa to mujhe jhelna hi padege..  Jijaji.." With a playful smile Preeti winked at him.

Sameer was dumbfound for a moment. Preeti called him "Jijaji" which really meant a lot. A grateful smile replaced the previous anxiety on Sameer's face.  Naina, who was standing a few inches away, observing the duo, now turned around to hide her blushed face. She mentally slapped Preeti for putting her in such embarrassment.

Samaina FF : Pyaar Hua, Chupke Seजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें