part-6 (Paheli)

The wait for having Naina's sight became unbearable for Sameer.. Being impatience he decided to go Naina's flat to see her..

It was around 12:30 pm when he pressed the doorbell of Naina's home.. As it was Sunday he was pretty sure about Naina's presence at home..

Bela opened the door and found Sameer standing outside..

"Kya chahiye?" she asked..

"Woh aunty ji.. Ek phone karna hai Ahmedabad mein.." Sameer made his excuse..

"Phone karna hai toh yahan kyun? Bahar se karo na.." Bala said with an annoyed face.

"Actually aunty ji main bahar se hi aa raha hun.. Phone booth mein shayed koi problem hai issi liye phone nahin laga.. Mujhe bohot urgent baat karna tha issi liye socha ki agar aapki permission hai toh.." Sameer tried to justify his false story..

"Aree Sameer beta.. Kuch chahiye kya??" Anand said approaching behind Bela.

Sameer repeated the previous answer..

"Itni si baat hai.. Ek phone call karna hai.. Toh karo na.. Aao andar aao.." Anand welcomed him which Bela didn't like at all..

Sameer entered the living room and Anand gestured him to take a seat on sofa.. Sameer settled on the sofa after Anand.. After having some formal conversation Anand handed over the cordless to Sameer and left the room..

His eyes were continuously searching for Naina while holding the cordless..
Seeing Bela coming from the kitchen he dialed a random number and hold it on his ear to prove his false words.. Giving a suspicious look Bela went back to her work..

Just then Naina walked towards the living room humming the tune of a popular bollywood song.. Her pace slowed coming near to the sofa as her eyes fell on Sameer's sitting form.. At first she thought that she might be hallucinating but soon realised it was the real Sameer sitting in front of her eyes..

Sameer slowly put down the cordless on the centre table without averting his gaze from her.. He stood up like a hypnotized man and started taking slow steps towards her to observe her as close as possible.. Only God knows how much he yearned for having a sight of her, to talk with her.. But now when she was before his eyesight he felt lack of words to express..

And Naina, she stood there frozen with the mixed feelings of astonishment and complacency.. She could read those expressive dark eyes of him which were trying to say many things to her.. Her heartbeat was accelerating with each forwarding step of him..

"Naina, Naina.. Mera neeli wali dress kaha rakkhi hai??" Preeti asked coming towards the living room..

Sameer, Naina both jerked on this sudden interruption..

"Oh, accha issi liye meri behen ki itni der taak koi aata pata nahi thi.." Preeti said controlling her laughter..

"Preeti.." Naina muttered giving a deadly glare to her sister..

"Woh main phone karne aaya tha.. Baat ho gaya hai.. Aab chalta hun.." Sameer somehow arranged the words and fled from there before Preeti could asked him anything..

"Main bhi toh dekhu kisko phone kiya jaa raha tha.." taking the cordless Preeti redialled the number as soon as Sameer disappeared.

"Pata tha mujhe.." Preeti sighed putting down the phone..

"Kya pata tha? Kisko phone kiya tha?" Naina worriedly asked her..

"Kisi ko bhi nahi.. Koi random number dial kiya tha.. Kya hai ki phone karna toh sirf ek bahana tha, asli wajah toh tujhse milna tha.." Preeti winked..