Part-11 (Silsila)

Settling on the bench of a small roadside tea stall Sameer was seeping the steamy hot tea with a fixed gaze on the sidewalk searching for a familiar face among the pedestrians. He ordered another cup of tea as the second one in his hand was finished. The third cup was not for the taste but for spending more time sitting here. No one in that tea stall cast any suspicious look at him for spending a long time there as that type incident was very common to them. Being located near to a renowned college, the staffs of this shop were very familiar with such young men waiting for their love interests from the college. Sameer Maheshwari was not an exception, rather a new addition in the waiting men's list. He had the plan to come here the very next day of their last meeting but unfortunately, it was Sunday. So, he had to wait for one more day to meet her. He spent half an hour strolling around the main gate of the college, then decided to sit somewhere, and afterward, he spotted this place, located at a little distance from her college. From here, it was easy to spot Naina as this small shop was standing on the way to her returning home. Sitting there another thirty minutes passed, yet there was no sign of hers. He rebuked himself mentally for coming here without being assured about her class schedule. What if she didn't have class today or maybe she had already done with her class and returned home. But how could he inform her? She was not in her balcony in the morning. Also, there was no possible way to let her know about his plan without meeting. A phone call would've been the best solution in eliminating such communication gaps. He sighed, regretting not having her phone number yet. He scanned the pedestrians once again. Then, checked his wristwatch which declared that it was ten minutes to twelve which meant he should have left in another fifteen minutes otherwise he would be late for the meeting in his office. At last, bringing an end to his wait she appeared with Preeti, engrossed in some fun discussion. In a light blue top and a white floral skirt, she was looked beautiful and bright like the sky of a perfect morning. The refreshing air of early summer ruffled her open hair as she was stepping. Being totally lost in her appearance, he inadvertently touched the newly arrived cup of tea to his lips and the hot drink jerked him out from his reverie. Just then Naina's eyes fell on him. A mixture of surprise and happiness played through her beautiful eyes. Preeti too followed her gaze and noticed Sameer.

"Kyaa baat hai, yeh to tujhse milne ke liye yaahan taak aa gyaa." Preeti said in an excitement filled low voice.

"Tujhe kaise paata hai ke woh mujhse milne aaya. Usko koyi kaam bhi ho sakta hai na." Naina replied, though she was sure that he was here only for her.

"Accha.. Toh tujhe sachmein laagta hai ke wo kuch aur kaam ke liye aaye hai?Preeti frowned. 

Naina nodded and Preeti muttered, "Jhooti kahiki.."

"Aab tu uske saamne kuch ulta seedha maat bol dena please." with pleading eyes Naina look at her sister.

"Mujhe acche se paata hai ke kya bolna hai aur kya nahi." Preeti whispered as they were almost near to him.

Watching Naina's approaching form, Sameer stood up and took some step ahead to reach her. His eyes were so preoccupied taking in Naina's beautiful feature that Preeti had to clear her throat to turn them to her direction, "Ahem.. ahem.."

The sound made Sameer realize that Preeti was also present there. Looking at her he responded, "Oh, hi.."

"Hello.." Preeti greeted him, then queried, "Yahan kaise aana hua? Kuch kaam tha kya?"

"Haan woh chai peene aaya tha." Before he could comprehend, The words came out from his mouth.

"Kya!! chai peene.. itni dur!" Preeti almost chuckled while Naina poked her to stop. But in the next moment, Naina was compelled to cover her mouth to stifle her laughter.

"Kyaa bole jaa raha hu main.." he mentally slapped himself registering his idiotic reply and tried to emend the previously uttered words, "Matlab ke main yeh chai ka bill deke aata hun." With some quick steps, he walked up to the cash counter to pay the bill and the sisters burst into silent laughter at his back.