Prologue

Trafalgar Law grew up in a small orphanage outside London. Even though his upbringing was particularly tough, Law's life changed by the time he got into medical school.
He was shy and quiet, but also smart and talented. He found a lot of joy in his profession. He'd been working as an intern in St Mary's hospital Paddington for almost two years now, and as his graduation day got closer, Law finally got the chance to work in the emergency room for the first time. That was his thrill, saving lives.

He arrived earlier, but the emergency room was as busy as ever. He walked from room to room, assisting the different patients.
It was late in the evening, almost by the end of his shift, when an ambulance arrived with a severely injured patient.
Law got called to the surgery room. There had been a motorcycle accident, and by the looks of it, a really terrible one. As he got close to remove the patient's clothes and connect him to the surgical tables, Law could barely recognise any of this man's features. His body was covered in mud and blood, as well as several burns. He seemed to have fractured too many bones, and his chest had an enormous gushing wound that looked infected.

Trafalgar felt sick to the stomach but didn't quiver. He helped the surgeons the best he could, even though he didn't believe this man would be able to make it. He had never seen anyone so horribly injured before. However, that didn't mean he was going to give up on him. Law was determined to save his life.