Be honest

Luffy POV

Three days passed by quickly.
I managed to change some trainings and classes for the evening so I could spent my days with Law at the hospital. Just like I promised, I looked after him, reading for him, bringing him treats and keeping him company. Even though things were seemingly fine, I had so many questions for him and I didn't know when would be the right time to ask them.
Law never told me much about himself. I've always wondered what his childhood was like and what about his teenage years...? He mentioned he grew up in an orphanage and maybe that's just something he doesn't like to talk about and I must respect that. The things is, I don't know anything about his past... He hasn't opened up to me like that... At least not yet. He never told me anything about his previous relationships or his previous life, before joining med school. I had no idea about his crazy ex... Torao told me a lot about his college years and he mentioned names of some friends but I never heard anything about Eustass Kidd before. Why would Torao hide this from me? I know there's something he doesn't want to tell me, but why? There's something in his past that he doesn't want me to know... But I wanna know everything about him... I want him to share these things with me, I want him to feel comfortable to tell me anything and everything.

...

Sabo met us at the hospital and as planned he gave us a ride to Torao's house. Even though his condition had improved drastically, Law was meant to take another 3 days rest before going back to work. I, of course, told him I would be his nurse at home, and so, for the next couple of days, I'd be living with him.
Law was surprisingly calm about this and accepted the proposal without any struggle. So Sabo dropped us off and I helped Torao up the staircase to his flat.
Flashbacks from that night came rushing back and I paused in front of the apartment door fetching for the keys. I felt guilt, dread. I will never forgive myself for not helping him... If I ever see that Kidd guy again, I'm gonna kick his ass, make him regret what he did that night...

-Luffy? Everything okay?- Torao's low voice made me jump out of my thoughts.
-Y-Yeah...- I opened the door and helped him inside.

I took him to the bedroom and he laid down.

-You should rest.- I spoke softly stroking his hair.
-Mhm...- he leaned his face on my hand and closed his eyes.

I sat close to him in silence until he fell asleep.

About an hour later, the doorbell rang.
Torao didn't seem to wake up so I went to open the door and frowned as I saw two strangers standing on the other side.

-Oh, you must be Luffy.- one of them spoke with a smile.- It's so nice to finally meet you!
-I'm Penguin and this is Shachi, we're Law's friends.
-Oh, Hi, nice to meet you.- I replied.

Penguin and Shachi... Torao mentioned them before.

(Penguin) -We heard he left the hospital today and wanted to drop by, see how he's doing.
-Of course, come on in.- I said. - It's good to meet you. You're nurses too, right?
-Yup. - Shachi smiled.- Sooo... Luffy-san, we finally get to meet you! Law's told us so much about you.
-Really?- I chuckled.- Well, Torao is sleeping now, if you want we can wait a bit. Can I get you anything? Coffee, water, tea?
(Penguin) -A cup of tea sounds nice.
(Shachi) -I'll have the same.

We walked in the kitchen and I prepared us some tea.

(Penguin) -Luffy, thanks for taking care of him.
-Hun?- I turned to face him.- Of course, he'd do the same for me.
(Shachi) -Certainly, hahaha. Anyway, Luffy-san, do you have any idea what happened to him?