Twelve. ARIELLES BIRTHDAY

"October 31st 1996, Arielles twelfth birthday

"October 31st 1996, Arielles twelfth birthday." Sidney said happily as she looked over at her father.

"Where is our birthday girl?" Neil asked his daughter.

Sidney looked at him and smiled "she'll be down in a minute."

Arielle smiled at herself in the mirror half her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she wore a Cute little white dress.

Arielle headed down the stairs where her Mother and grandfather were.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABYGIRL!" Sidney yelled as Arielle arrived downstairs.

Arielles eyes lightened up and she ran to hug her mother "I'm finally twelve!" She said happily.

Jonathan walked into the room from the kitchen once Arielle had finally arrived downstairs.

Arielle smiled when she spotted Jonathan and ran to hug him.

Jonathan held Arielle in his arms as he Played with her hair he was eight she was seven.

"I'm going to make today perfect, I promise" Jonathan said, after the year they've had he meant it.

Arielle smiled as she looked into Jonathan's eyes "is this what love feels like?" Arielle asked.

Jonathan smiled "I know we're twelve and thirteen" he laughed as he kissed her cheek softly.

"Oh I got you a present." He said happily as he led her to the kitchen.

Arielle smiled as they walked to the kitchen when her eyes landed on the small box on the table.

Arielle looked up at Jonathan as he walked over to the table with her in front of him.

Jonathan knelt down on his knee and opened the box...

"Arielle everly Prescott, if we are not either married by the time we're both 19 we promise to marry each other, this is a promise ring for you from me, I promise to always come back to you." Jonathan said smiling.

Arielle gasped and looked down at him "yes! Yes I'd love that!" She said as he slid the ring on her finger.

Thirty minutes later

The party began to end and everyone went back home except for Jonathan who was staying with the prescotts until someone else could take him in.

Arielle slept in her room while Jonathan stayed in the spare room across the hall.

Arielle had enjoyed her birthday but something taunted her all day... the fact her father wasn't there he was supposed to be until he tried to kill her and died.

Arielle laid down in her bed trying to push the thoughts away as she cried herself to sleep.

Fifteen minutes later

Arielle woke up Panicky from a dream she had screamed which woke up Jonathan who barged through her door.

Arielle cried as Jonathan rushed to her side pulling her close.

"What happened ari?" He asked confused as he comforted her.

"It was my father... he told me it wasn't over and that someone else was coming for me.. I'm scared please please don't leave me tonight..."

Jonathan shook his head as he laid down beside her holding her close.

Arielle slowly fell back to sleep but Jonathan laid awake trying to figure out what was going on.

Why is she having these dreams? What am I supposed to do to protect her? Am I in love with her?