Hospital days

Maya's pov
Watching Jo do the kit was the worst thing I have ever watched. I could see that the little girl was in so much pain and discomfort and how hard she tried not to cry. Carina had been in a surgery since we got here so she didn't know what had happened. I went to her office and knocked on her door.
" come in" I hear her say. I opened the door and walked in,
" Maya what are you doing here. Are you hurt?" She asked me and scanned me for injuries.
" no I'm fine there was a fire but no one got hurt" I say. She breathed our before she asked " but what are you doing her then"
" I need to ask you something" I say.
" ok you're making me scared, what is it" she ask me and she sits down at her desk and I sit down in one of the chairs on the other side.
" do you remember that kidnapping case about 4 years ago" I say and she nodded " well the house fire we got called out on today was the kidnappers house and we found the girl in his basement" I say and I can see the shock on her face. When that case got closed everyone thought she was dead or something.
" and as you might remember her mom killer herself not long after the case got closed and she doesn't have any other family" i say. I can't believe what I'm about to ask.
" what are you saying" she asks me, but I'm pretty sure she knows where this is going.
" what if we foster her" I say
" are you serious" she says. I think she is as shocked as me. I never thought I would get so connected to a child, but there was something special about her.
" yes, there is just something special about her and I don't want her to be put with some random family that might hurt her" I say. I hope she agrees to this.
" have you talked to CPS yet" she asks
" no they will be here soon. I wanted to ask you first" I say
" ok well we can talk to CPS and if they say that it's ok I'm in" she say. I can't believe we might get to foster her.
" really?" I say
" really" she says back.
" now should we go see if CPS has arrived" she asks
" yes" I say we walk out of her office.

Evelyn's pov
I had been long since maya left. It was still hard to keep track of how much time it had been, but I'm getting better. Plus there is a clock in my hospital rom and I had just learned about the clock and time before I got kidnapped. It was also weird that it was day. Because when the firefighter's came and got me out I thought it was night time and was about to go to sleep. There was one thing that I was wondering. I was 8 it happened but how long have I been there for. Has it been a year or maybe just a couple months or has it been more that a year. I don't want to ask someone, but I would have been good to know how old I am and how long it has been. Jo went to ask a doctor about when I could eat. So I was all alone. I remember the doctor had an iPad when they walk in and she would write things down. Maybe it says there how old I am. Jo left it on the table it my room when she left, but I was hooked up to so maybe wires and they would start beeping if I took them of. If I could just stretch my legs far enough I could grab it. I tried but I was to short. Just as I was trying again Maya came in. I quickly got back. She looked at the table and saw the iPad.
" do you want the iPad. I don't think it has that many games on it" she said and walked over to my bed.
" I'm s.. sorry I j..just wanted to know something and I thought maybe it was on the iPad" I whisper. I really don't want to get into any trouble because I don't think I can be punished right now I'm to exhausted.
" oh it's ok, but I think you need a special code to get into the tablet so what do you want to know?" She didn't sound mad, but maybe she was saving it for later when I wasn't in this room. But I really need to know how long it have been.
" uh I.. I was wondering ho... how long it has b.. been" I say softly.
" well you got kidnapped on March 2 2019 and now it is September 18 so it has been a about 4 and a half year." She says. I can't believe it has been that long. The world has just been going on out there for over 4 years and I have just been stuck in room.
" is there anything else you want to know" she asks me. I wanted to know everything, but at the same time I didn't know what I wanted to know so I just shrugged.
" well you can think about it, but there are some people here that wants to speak to you. They come from CPS do know what that is" she says. I didn't so I just Shook my head.
" well since you don't have any family that can take care of you. They need to find you a new place to live" she said, but I didn't get it. Am I not going to stay with sir anymore.
" what about sir?" I ask
" oh sweetie, you are not going back there I know it's hard to understand since you have lived with him for so long, but the way he treated you is not ok" she said. I knew that kidnapping children wasn't allowed, but I didn't have anyone else. I just nodded since I don't know what to say. Then the door opened and I flinched and try to get out of bed and into the corner but I was to weak so I stared to panic.
" hey it's ok they are not going to hurt you and I can stay with you the whole time." She said and I nodded. The two people that came in started asking me questions like if I had someone to stay with, but I think they already knew that I didn't. When they were done they looked at Maya.
" ok I'm going to ask you a question and you don't have to answer right away, you can think about it, but me and my partner was wondering if you would like to stay with us" she asked. I don't know if I am happy, sad or scared, because I kinda like Maya and she seems nice, but what if her boyfriend is mean and she is just acting.
" is your boyfriend mean" I ask, but I don't think she would say that he is mean in front of the CPS.
" actually I have a girlfriend or a wife since we are married, but she is very nice you can meet her if you want" she says. I thought about it for a minute I'm happy there will be no men there, but she can still be mean. I decided to take the chance and say yes to meeting her.
" we kinda need an answer. We have a travel day" one of the women says. All of them are staring at me I didn't know what to say because all I wanted was to stay with my mom, but that isn't possible. Maybe that will be nice.
" ok I can try" I say softly staring at the floor. What was I thinking they are going to lock me up in a rom. Now I miss room then I didn't need to chose between things. The people from CPS left and a woman in pink scrubs appears in the door. She looked nice. She had brown hair like my mom. And she had a comforting smile.
" so Evelyn this is my wife carina" maya said
" ciao" the brunette said. That was Italian. My mom had a friend that was Italian.
" hi" I whispered back. Still looking at the floor. There was some silence before Mayas phone started to ring.
" I have to get back to the station" she said. I didn't want her to leave, but I can't tell her that.
" see you later Bella" carina said. Maya got up and left. It was just me and carina in the room. There was some awkward silence before she spoke up.
" have you had anything to eat after you got here" I shook my head. It was long time since I have had something to eat since I guess sir passed out because he was drunk and then the gas's leak and then the fire. But I wasn't hungry.
" do you maybe want to try and eat something" she asked. I didn't because I wasn't hungry and I need to save the food for when I'm actually hungry.
" I'm not hungry" I whispered.

Carina's pov
I really wanted her to eat something she had been here for 8 hours and I don't think she have had anything to eat in a while. We also talked to Arizona before we went in and she told us that if we don't get some food into her we will have to put a feeding tube in her. Just then I got paged couldn't have been a worse time.
" I'm so sorry I have to go, but I will be back very soon and maybe we can try som food then" I said then I had to run of.

It turned out to be a emergency c-section that took way longer that planned and by the time I was done it was 12 pm and dark outside. I went to see Evelyn hoping she might be asleep but she wasn't. She was lying in bed quietly crying. I feel so bad for what that girl had been trough. I walk into the room.
" hey Evelyn. You okey?" I asked I don't know why I asked that because if I would have been trough what she had been trough I wouldn't have known. But surprisingly she answered. She shook her head.
" can I come closer?" I asked to be sure she was ok with it. I tried to keep a calm voice. She nodded and I went over to her bad and sat down at the end of it.
" do you want to tell me why you are upset?" I asked just trying to get her to open up a little.
" I miss my mom" she said still crying.
" oh bambina. I get that I miss my mama too" I say. For the first time since I entered the room she looked at me.
" where is your mama" she asked me
" she died a couple years ago" I answered. It was hard talking about.
" was she nice" Evelyn asked. She spoke very quietly so it was kinda hard hearing what she said.
" yes she was really nice, was your mom nice?" I say and she nodded.
" do you want to try and get some sleep it's late" I ask.
" I tried but I can't" she said.
" I can get you something to help you sleep" I say to her. She really need to get some rest after all she have been trough. She shook her head.
" why don't you want to sleep" I ask her
" I just want to go back to room where is was quite" she said. Maya had told me that room was the place she was hold hostage and that she called the kidnapper sir.
" I get that, the hospital can be noisy and it can get a lot sometimes" I say.
" is your house noisy" she asked.
" it can be, but at night it's all quite" I say.
" when will I get to go to your house" she asked.
" i don't know. We will have to get some food into you so you can get a little stronger" I say. She nodded. I could tell she was tired so I wanted to ask one more time if the wanted something to help her sleep " are you sure you don't wanted anything to help you sleep" I ask and she thinks about it for a second. " what if sir come and take me and then he will be mad that I broke all of the rules" it broke my heart hearing her set that.
" what if I stay here and I can make sure he doesn't come in" she thinks about it before she nods.
After I give her the sleeping pill she passed out within seconds.

A/N
Chapter 4. I have had a lot of school work the last days and still have some to do, but I have some chapters saved up so I will try and update you guys as often as I can.