Poem #14: *bzzt* You have one new message

Hi? Are you still awake?
Or have you too fallen asleep in Morpheus' arms?

It's not a big deal, and I hope you don't mind, but I have a question that's been keeping me up at night.

It's just... I don't really know how to say it, but-

Am I a monster? A creature who deserves no love?

Am I such a lost cause that I don't deserve care or even a hug?

I'm sorry. That didn't come out very well. I did not mean any of that. Just leave me be. No worries.

I ' m f i n e .

*bzzt*

Hello.
...

So I checked the dictionary.

Monster.
Noun.
A large, ugly, and frightening imaginary creature.

And while I may not be the smartest one around, I do know a thing or two about words, and I hope that's enough for now.

Large you are.
A giant. A behemoth. Not just in height, but also in love. You give so much love, and I can only hope that maybe one day you'll be able to accept that sort of unconditional love as well.

Ugly?
You are beautiful. Breath taking. Inside out. Beauty might lie in the eye of the beholder, but beauty also lies in accepting who you are and I know of no one who'd be more beautiful than you in that aspect. Even if you're a dummy at times.

Frightening?
Frighteningly amazing, maybe. Because you know so much, do so much and are so much. So much more than you'd imagine. So much more than what they see.

And imaginary?

Ha!

If you were imaginary, I'd be considered crazy. Not that I'm not crazy. But you probably get it. You always do. You're as real as can be, and nothing will change that. You've left your mark on my life, and I'll never let you forget that.

That hopefully answers your question.

You are no monster. No abomination.

You deserve love. You can receive care, support, and hugs.

And if it feels like no one's there, call me.

It matters not if I'm awake or asleep. I'll be there.

I'll sit with you in the dark till you can open your curtains just a bit. And maybe you'll find what you've been in search of. Eventually.

And you need not say a word. I know you're hearing this.

I can wait.

Probably not.

But I can try.

For now, we have all the time in the world.