Chapter 9

Noah 

A tingling under my nose woke up. It was Morgans chocolate silky hair, she was resting her head in my chest and sleeping so peacefully. I tried my best not to wake her up and slowly brushed her hair away from my face and hugged her lightly with my free hand. 

"morning" she mumbled softly still half asleep. 

"morning" i replied.

"oh shoot I'm sorry" she said as she rolled to the other side of her bed. "didnt mean to roll to your side"

"was nice cuddling with you" i said and winked at her 

"oh look at you now we are getting flirty or what" she laughed 

Ive never bothered to flirt with a girl, was too shy for it and knew I couldnt get a girl to like me, but with Morgan it was different. It came out so natural. I could not help but to blush and turn my face to the side as I reached over to pick up my phone. I quickly replied to my mom and let her know I was staying longer. 

"I would offer you some breakfast or coffee but im pretty sure the only thing in the fridge right now is beer and some old leftovers" said Morgan. 

"no worries. do you want to go eat out? I invite" i added

We both got dressed and headed downstairs where I quickly saw her dad past out on the couch with some beer cans laying on the floor. 

"Im sorry you had to see that again" apologized Morgan as she walked faster out of the house. 

At that moment I couldnt come up with a response. I was still in shock, Morgans life seemed so unfair. She doesnt deserve the way she is living.

Once we are already in the car she gives me the directions to a dinner close and we drive there. 

Morgan 

what happened last night? i ask myself, not because I was drunk but how I could trust Noah with this information. I dont know him and suddenly he knew almost all of my secrets,still dont know if telling him about it last night was good, but I was thankful he was there to help me.

After a short drive we arrive at M&J's and we head to one of the booths in the back.

"well look at you Morgan so pretty as always. havent seen you in a while. where is Sara?" the waitress asked me. 

"hey Marta. all good and Sara is not coming today" i said to Marta. She was a  Waitress at M&J's that has been working for years here now. She knew my mother and after she passed she offered to come help us with the house chores. With my father behaviour she couldnt keep up and never came again. She still helped me with what she could and sometimes gave me free meals. 

"tell her i said hi. so what can I serve you to kids?" said Marta to us. 

"im getting the usual" i said

" for me the number two and a black coffee" noah added.

She nodded, took our order and left.

"so do you come here often?" he asked signalizing the fact the waitress knew me.

"yh i used to come here a lot more with my mom" i said looking at the window.

"oh where is she? how come I havent seen her at yours?" he asked.

" Cause she died in a car crash" i bursted coldy.

I could see his face change and went pale as he regretted asking. He reached out for my hand over the table and gave me  a squeeze.

"Im so sorry. didnt mean to" he apologized. 

Luckily Marta was making her way to us with our food. Topic changed, we both enjoyed our breakfast and then he dropped me off at my place.