10: The Plane

Please read:

I'm gonna refer to Tommo as the silver soldier, soldier or Primus Miles as he does not know his name/ have an identity.

Hope this makes sense but if you get confused, just let me know.

-----------------------------

February 1945

"Herr! Hier drüben!" ("Sir! Over here!") Shouted one of the soldiers.

The silver soldier walked over to where the first soldier called from. There was a man laying on the ground below the cliff. He looked to be an enemy soldier but he had no weapons on him. He was laying in a pool of blood that had seeped into the snow underneath him. His left arm was missing and it wasn't a clean cut that's for sure.

He looked slightly familiar.

By this time, most of the guards had gathered around the site.

"Lebt er, Sir?" ("Is he alive sir?")

The soldier leant down, and with his human hand, checked for a pulse.

"Ich habe einen Puls gefunden, aber er ist schwach. Holen Sie ihn ab und setzen Sie ihn in den Lastwagen. Wir werden ihn zurückbringen und sehen, was mit ihm zu tun ist." ("I have found a pulse but it is weak. Pick him up and put him in the truck. We will take him back and see what is to be done of him.")

They did as told and after a few hours searched for any sign of Zola but found nothing. They drove back to the base.

Upon arrival, the soldier was taken back to his cell and was sat in a chair. Schmidt walked in a few minutes later.

"Missionsbericht." ("Mission report.")

"Erfolglos" ("Unsucsessful.")

Schmidt stood up and began to walk away before turning back and kicking the soldiers knees in. ("That's not good enough! Your first mission that you lead and you fail!")

The yelling went on for a while until the one sided argument was interrupted one of The Silver Solder's soldiers rushing in. 

Out of breathe he said, "Sir, er ist wach. Er versucht aufzustehen. Komm jetzt." ("Sir, he's awake. He's trying to get up. Come now.")

Primus Miles was getting out of the chair when he suddenly felt a hand on his chest pushing him back.

Schmidt looked down at him and told him to stay put and never enter that room or there'd be consequences. He couldn't risk the mind control being broken.

The soldier didn't argue and just sat back. The guards shut the door behind Schmidt and stood in front of it as they always did.

------------------------------

The Silver Soldier, or Primus Miles as he was also known, spent more time perfecting his fighting ability and became well known throughout all of HYDRA. He also began to lead many more missions but he also did quite a few solo ones. He never did find Arnim Zola. That was one of the very few unsuccessful missions of his.

Schmidt was very proud of his creation and would never cease to brag about how he managed to get a human into a soldier that would do his bidding. He made the soldier his personal guard so that if anyone was to attack him, he wouldn't have to lay a finger on his own gun. He even had the soldier by his side when Captain America was captured.

------------------------------

The soldiers rushed forward at Captain America trying to get to him but with no success. He knocked them all down as if they were dominoes. Using only his shield, he managed to get the better of each one of them. Three ran at him. He used his shield to hit the first one across the head, kicked one in the chest from behind, causing the soldier to go flying. He then battled it out with the last one before knocking him unconscious with his fist.

Eventually the soldiers had him cornered from all sides and there was no escape.

They brought him into the main room. There Steve saw Johan Schmidt approaching him but there was a figure of a large man in the shadows of the room. The figure stayed where he was for the entire conversation until the commandos smashed through the window.

The man got up and reached for his gun but before he could shoot, Schmidt shouted something in German and the man stopped, put his gun back and ran out after him. Steve of course followed but couldn't help but be suspicious of the man.

After knocking away all the soldiers he came across in his path, Steve saw Schmidt and the mysterious man board a plane. He tried to fight his way to them but was so far unsuccessful. It was then that Colonel Phillips and Peggy came by in a car and yelled at him to get in.

They sped to the plane and got as close as they could before Steve and Peggy had a little moment, kissed, and then Steve jumped for the plane.

He caught the wheel and climbed his way into the plane itself. He made his way through it until he looked below him and saw bombs labelled with some major cities in America. One of them New York.

Soldiers were making their way across a platform when they spotted Steve approaching them. One pulled out a knife and went for him. Steve managed to have the upper hand until he noticed that one had slipped away and was in a bomber plane.

(Fight scene time skip)

Steve was back on the plane and he opened the door to the cockpit. It was a very large room with plenty of hiding spaces, so Steve was on high alert.

He made his way steadily towards the pilot chair when he heard a sudden noise behind him. He swivelled round and blocked the shots from Schmidt. He then began to run at the German at full pace.
They both took each other to the floor on impact and fought it out.

Steve managed to get Schmidt in a headlock before he felt a fist collide with the back of his head. He turned to see a masked man standing behind him. But before he could get a good look, he was thrown to the ground.

Schmidt stood up first and hastily made his way to the other man who handed him a gun. For a moment Steve thought he saw a glimpse of metal on the man's hand but he dismissed it quickly when shots began to ring out.

He bolted behind a pillar and used his shield to deflect the rays. He was outnumbered 2 to 1 and he was struggling to hold his ground.

The shots stopped for a split second and Steve saw an opportunity and took it. He poked his head round the corner and threw his shield at the masked man, knocking him to the far side of the jet. He then lunged at Schmidt and pushed him into the blue glowy thing in the middle of the room.

Schmidt got to his feet, stared down at the cube, then at Steve and then back at the cube. He reached down for it slowly and picked it up. After a while there was a opening above him and it looked just like a night sky. But Steve looked away from the stars and saw Schmidt dusting (😏) into it. Before he knew it, the red skulled man was gone. It was just him and the other man.

Steve looked to where he last saw the masked man on the floor but saw nothing. He looked around him, nothing. The man had just disappeared.

Putting that out of his mind, Steve threw his helmet down and raced to the pilot chair. He saw the coordinates for New York. He then remembered the bombs. Schmidt was trying to bomb his home. His childhood. And he couldn't let that happen. All of the memories of his brothers Tommo and Bucky. He had to know that they would still be imprinted on the streets of Brooklyn, never to be lost.

He also thought of the families, the children and all of the people who still had their lives to live, and he knew what he had to do. 

He said his goodbyes to Peggy and a lot of tears were shed from both parties.

And then crash....

The line went dead.

Steve Rogers was at peace for the first time in his life.

But what had become of the mysterious masked man who was also on that plane but disappeared into thin air?

------------------------------