12: The Game

A week later...

The sun was beaming through the cracks in the blinds and it flooded the room with light. The soldier got up from his place on the floor, leaving the blanket in a messy heap.

He made his way to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. He stared at his disheveled image before getting in the shower. It was only a short 5 minute shower. He hated taking long ones.

He cleaned his body with a bar of soap and rinsed out his hair.

His hair was short, unlike the other soldier's. He had got it cut the second he was allowed to. He hated having long hair.  He hated a lot of things. He hated the way he could feel it on his neck. He hated the way he'd have to tie it up when on some missions as it would just get in the way. He hated how he looked with it.

When he got out, George wrapped a towel around his waist and went to his dresser to pick out a outfit for the day.

Conveniently, he was given a yankees baseball jersey with his very little amount of clothes, so he put that on with some blue jeans and white and blue reeboks. He thought the shoes pulled together the whole outfit. He grabbed a cap blue cap from the hook and put it over his messy hair.

After an appropriate amount of time of staring at himself in the mirror, he made himself breakfast and headed out to meet Tony and his friend.

------------------------------

It wasn't too long of a walk but it was clear that Tony lived in the richer part of Manhattan. The buildings were tall and a lot of men were rushing around the place in suits. They all looked sad and tired.

When he got to the address that Tony gave him, he rang the bell after scanning for any dangers. This was the house of famous Howard Stark after all, but Tony didn't know that he knew that.

A man opened the door and George recognised him to be Edwin Jarvis, the butler to the Stark family for years.

"Hi,"

"Hello. May I ask why you are here?" Jarvis asked George suspiciously.

"Don't worry Jarvis, he's with me!" A voice shouted from behind the butler. Tony came barging past Jarvis and grabbed George by the shoulder, bringing him inside the house.

"In that case, I'll leave you be," Jarvis said making his way down the corridor. Tony waved him off and told George to take a seat.

"You wan' a drink while we wait for Rhodey?"

"Just a beers good thanks."

Tony came back with two beers and gave one to George.

"Nice place you got 'ere. An' you got a butler too. You're doin' good for yourself."

"Oh nah. It's my parents place. My dads Howard Stark," Tony answered, trying not to sound braggy.

"Dude that's cool. No wonder you got into MIT. With a dad like that, I'm sure you will build a hover car someday," George joked.

Before Tony could answer and say his dads not as good as everyone thinks he his, Howard appears in the doorway.

"Tony! Where are my glasses. Have you seen them?"

Speak of the devil Tony thought. "No i haven't seen them anywhere. Have y' checked your desk?"

"Yes I have. Ah here they are," he said as he found them in his jacket pocket.

He looked at the man sitting on the couch next to Tony for the first time since entering the room.

"James?" he muttered. "I thought you were dead. We all did."