17: Mission-Failure

A few days later...

Primus Miles, Turbo (Cam) and 2 agents were sat on benches in the plane, ready for the mission. It was completely silent until the pilot spoke.

"The targets have moved again. Now stationed at the Avengers tower. 10 minutes till landing," he said and the soldiers next to Turbo and Primus Miles nodded and began to check all their gear. It was clear to everyone on the plane that they were nervous and Primus Miles shot them both a glare which immediately made them freeze and stop what they were doing.

He truly was terrifying. As Hydra agents there wasn't much that scared them but he was one of them. They had never been on a mission with him before but they had heard the stories. The rumours. They had heard all about him. How he isn't scared to take out agents if needed. And that that scared them so bad they darent get on his bad side at all.

A few minutes later the plane landed and the team went over the mission one last time.

Get in. Locate the Maximoff twins. Put the power diminishing cuffs on them. Get out.

And don't kill anyone.

That one was important and was repeated many times in the briefing earlier.

They got out of the plane and made their way to the gate. It wasn't hard to get past the security and before they knew it they were in. Turbo then went to scout out the rear of the tower and he sent the others the all clear so they made their way over. It had still not been fully repaired after the Ultron attack so again it was easy for the Hydra agents to get into the tower.

Turbo and Primus Miles separated from the two agents who had gone to hack into the buildings cameras and security. The agents disconnected JARVIS from the entire building which proved to be difficult but they had received all the blueprints so they were able to do it within a few minutes. But what they were unaware of was that the avengers were already notified about the intruders and were making their way up to the room where the agents were stationed.

The agents told Primus Miles and Turbo that the coast was clear and it was all clear for them to enter and begin to make their way to the location of the twins.

Meanwhile, Nat and Clint stealthily made their way behind the unsuspecting agents and took them out swiftly as they weren't as experienced as the avengers.

"Hydra" they both said after taking one look at the badge on the front of the uniforms. Clint reached down and took one of the agents' radios out of his belt and tuned in.

On the radio, they heard a voice updating the agents on his location. Then he said something that rang alarm bells in both Nat's and Clint's minds.

"Location of the Maximoff's acquired. All clear. Making move in now."

Nat and Clint looked at each other and then averted their eyes to the screens above them. They searched all the screens until Nat pointed at one which displayed a man and a child fighting the twins in the common room. The child appeared to share similarities with both the twins. Pietro's speed and Wanda's powers. His were also red just like hers. He was fighting the silver haired twin whilst the man was fighting the brunette.

Both the avengers took a closer look at the man and they noticed that he had a metal right arm. That could come in useful later so they made a mental note. They then both ran out to aid the Maximoff twins in fighting off the rest of the Hyrdra agents.

It was only them in the building as Steve, Tony and Bruce were on another mission related to Ultron.

Primus Miles and Turbo began to have the upper hand on the twins and were about to put the cuffs on them when a bullet pierced through Primus Miles' arm and an arrow through Turbo's leg. This caused them both to drop the cuffs and Nat and Clint swooped in and joined the fight.

Primus Miles got up first and struck at Clint who dodged the first punch but not the second which socked him right in the ribs. The force of the punch sent him flying back but it wasn't long til he also rose back to his feet. He fired an arrow at the metal-armed man who had to dive out of the way to avoid it. That's when Wanda got behind him and used her powers to enter his mind and knock him out.

That left just the child who was fighting Pietro and Nat. Pietro and Turbo were both fighting using their speed leaving Nat to occasionally throw a few punches here and their but never once making contact.

It wasn't long until Pietro had the boy pinned on the floor and detained using the cuffs provided by Clint. Wanda then came along and also knocked him out and later him next to the man.

Pietro, Clint and and Nat came along and stood next to her. All four looked down at the two Hydra intruders relieved that their mission was unsuccessful.

After a while of silence Pietro spoke up. "The boy's name is Cam. He was at Hydra with me and Wanda."

"And the man? Was he there too?" Nat asked but Pietro shook his head.

"He was at the base where Cam was after he got transferred," Pietro added as he looked the boy he considered a brother.

The four then discussed where to put the intruders and finally agreed on the holding cells in the basement. Similar to those that we're used for Loki. So using her powers, Wanda carried them to the cells and at the same time Clint called Fury to come over and get the other agents away and take a look at the ones in holding.

It wasn't long before Fury, Maria Hill and a few other Shield agents came. The agents took the Hydra agents back to the headquarters but Hill and Fury stayed to pull up files on the other two. When they got to the basement, they saw both Pietro and Wanda sat outside of Cam's cell and Nat and Clint approached them.

"Fury," Nat greeted as she shook his hand.

"Romanoff," he greeted in return.

Maria was already at the computer pulling up files in Hydra before anyone could even say hello to her. Clint went over and said "We already have some info on the boy. His name is Cam and he was at the same base as Pietro and Wanda."

Maria quickly pulled up his file. "Cameron Ray Lewis," she read. "15 years old. Came to Hydra at 13. Trained by Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Primus Miles. Codename is Turbo."

"I didn't know they took in kids that young," Clint said to himself.

Ignoring Clint, Fury asks, "Does it say what his powers are?" Maria just shakes her head but Wanda speaks up "He has the same as me and Pietro. A mix of both."

Nat then went over to Maria to have a look at the file. She scanned over every detail and then she turned back to the twins and asked, "Do either of you know anything about the man? There must be something surely. A name maybe?"

There was a moments silence as both thought of anything that might be of use to the team but they eventually came up with nothing. Wanda had never met him before and Pietro had only ever exchanged a few words. So they weren't really any help there.

Maria then began to type something onto the computer and everyone else crowded around her. After a few minutes a very short file came up. It read: Primus Miles, aka The Silver Soldier.

"Well that's helpful," Nick said rolling his eyes and Maria shrugged and added, "For all we know, that's him," she pointed at the unconscious man in the cell. "And that's one step closer to finding out his real identity. When we get back I'll scan the database for any more information on what we've got so far and then figure out what to do with them both." The others nodded in agreement.

As there was nothing more for them to do, Nick and Maria went back to Shield and Nat, Clint, Pietro and Wanda all sat down on chairs by the cells. Wanda was keeping Cameron and the man asleep for as long as what was needed and she did feel sympathy for the boy in front of her. She knew how Hydra was and there was no way that he signed up like her and her brother did. They could tell from the moment they first met him. And with controlling his mind and seeing what's inside she could see his fears and his wishes to be at home with his family as any child would have.

But when she looked through the man's mind. There was nothing. Not a single thought.

To her knowledge anyway.