13: Assassins

A few months later...

George and Tony had become a lot closer over the months and Tony thought that they shared a sort of brotherly bond. Tony was a single child who had a lack of attention and love in his childhood, so George filled that hole in his heat.

It was a different case for George though. Yes 'he' thought of Tony as a friend. For the time being. But he knew that his mission was far more important and that had to be a priority.

Schmidt had made it so that Primus Miles would be the perfect soldier. Depending on the language of the code words, the soldier could be brutal and cold (Latin). But if the words were in German, the soldier would still be brutal but he had a more human side than a killing machine robot thing. Schmidt knew that this would be helpful for undercover missions so he could show some form of connection if necessary.

For this particular mission, his code words were in German. He wasn't a controlled, mindless murderer. He was a controlled, half-mindful murderer. He was able to have proper, heartfelt conversations with someone but it wasn't him talking. It was HYDRA. He had no control over his own mind. HYDRA had created this persona. This character behind a mask that no one would ever see behind. George wasn't a person, he was  like a character in puppet show. Doing what he's forced to do. No choice. No other options.

The soldier however had no idea of the whole thing. He was told, if he ever would ask, that HYDRA was his job and his life. He needed to know nothing else.

------------------------------

George walked into Tony's room to see him at his desk, fiddling with a piece of scrap metal. He walked to the mini fridge, grabbed a beer.

"Whatcha doin' T?" he asked as he sat down on the bed.

Tony turned around and chucked the metal at his friend. George just glared at him in genuine confusion.

"I'm trying something. Seeing if I can make a robot out of it. Maybe a hand at least."

"Yeah cus thats all you need huh?" George replied jokingly. At that comment, Tony threw his spanner at George, narrowly missing his head.

George put his hand to his heart dramatically,"You nearly killed me!" 

"Wouldn't have been so bad." Tony said as he jumped at George, landing on top of him.

George pushed Tony off of him and Tony rolled of the bed with a thud as he landed hard on the floor.

"Boys! Keep it down! Your fathers working Anthony!" a voice shouted a British from downstairs.

"It's alright Jarvis I've got it!" Howard shouted back as he entered the room. He looked at the two young men on the floor (Tony had pulled George down as he fell) before signalling for them to get up. They got up in an instant, not wanting to make him mad.

"Anthony you need to learn some decent manners and discipline so I'm taking you to see Peggy so she can talk some sense into you. Your friend is welcome to join."

Knowing not to argue back, Tony just looked at George begging him with his eyes to say yes.

"I'd be more that happy to tag along sir," George spoke.

Howard nodded and said,"Bentley, 5 minutes," and walked out of the room leaving the two men behind to gather their belongings for the journey.

------------------------------

Jarvis pulled into the driveway of a small bungalow and opened the door for Howard to get out. He then pulled the seat forward so the two in the back could step out too. He then went ahead to knock on the blue door.