Chapter Two

Dominic

I ran my hand over my jaw, scratching my chin as I stared at the fiery beauty looming over me. She was a snarky thing who obviously never had anyone teach her any manners.

She needed to be taught some respect, preferably with my cock in her mouth or my hand printed over her ass. She wouldn't be able to sit for weeks if she ever spoke to me this way if we were together.

I ran my tongue over my lips and saw her eyes slyly follow the movement. Shoulder-length curly ginger locks bounced and swayed with every step she took and shake of her head.

With siren green eyes that would make any man believe in God and get on his knees for worship stayed on me as she leaned closer, hands flat on the table; she cocked her head at me.

She had a small pouty nose, adorable like a button, and full top and bottom cherry blossom pink lips that would look sexier swollen from my kisses. A slender pale neck that would look delicious with bites and marks, and the thought of bending her over my knee right now was tempting me.

She had random numbers and ink scattered up and down her arms and fingers, and I wondered what they were or the other places she might have had them.

I wanted to kiss them, lick the outline of the colored and blackened shape of each tattoo as she told me their meaning.

"Honestly, no. You don't deserve one." Her voice was saintly, addicting, and I couldn't help but lean back with my hands across my chest.

"I probably don't, but you should listen to your boss. You don't want to lose your job, do you?"

She chuckled; hearing it was a blessing and a curse. It was a blessing because I never wanted to hear anything else in my life and a curse knowing I probably would never hear it again.

"You think they'd fire me for being rude to an obnoxious suit-wearing lacky?" She tsked, shaking her head, her curls swaying with the movement.

Oh, how they'd look wrapped around my hand as I fucked her from behind.

"No, sweetheart, that's not how it works. As long as my boss is concerned, I apologized, and you accepted."

She stood back up, smoothed her hands down her little dress, and my eyes caught a glimpse of those long legs that should be wrapped around my head. Now that the image was in my head, I suddenly craved to see how sweet she tasted.

Pretty fucking sweet, I'm positive. I bit back a groan as I watched her walk away from me, her hips moving side to fucking side as she reached the counter. I saw her approach a little girl that laughed at something she said.

She ruffled her hair and leaned down to kiss the top of her head. Her daughter? She didn't look like a mother. Then again, this town was small, and I didn't know the first thing about the people here. I was here for business and would be gone in less than a month.

Hours passed, and people came in and out of the diner, the three workers going back and forth as they took orders, and you could hear them laughing and chatting from the counter as they sipped on some coffee.

The little girl on the counter was getting fussy, and I saw the sassy redhead grab her and carry her in her arms. She swayed and rocked her gently, her hand caressing her hair and fingers playing with her little hand until she calmed down.

Setting her back down, she sat down next to her, and I couldn't hear what she was saying, but the little girl nodded her head and smiled a beautiful smile before returning to work.

I don't know why she was so interesting to watch because my eyes didn't stray away from her for a single moment. She moved with elegance, her smile and laugh always heard, and even though she looked sweet, she obviously had a bitter side.