~ To The Surface We Go ~

~ Previously on Odds In Your Favour ~

"How did you get here and do you know how to go back..?" I barely managed to speak without breaking down and Hu looked at me with a slightly more positive look.

"I fell through a hole in the ground when chasing a treasure hoarder! Also there might be a way.."

"Is it dangerous..? There's four kids and two adults here that are also from Teyvat."

"Well.. it is a little but they have visions right? Because if so it's not at all!"

I looked at Hu Tao and gave her a gentle smile, it's like she was sent from the heavens.. or well I guess Celestia? After I realized I was smiling at her for too long I nodded and let her go on with her plan.

"So~ if we just go to the highest point here we should be able to find a way point map and go back to Teyvat!" Hu Tao vaguely explained so I don't exactly know if she's telling us what we really have to do or not.

I nodded along with the others but put my hands behind my back to do a bit of sign language saying -Don't trust her I don't think it's the real her, she sounds different- I finished the last sign and looked at 'Hu Tao' she had on a closed eyes smile which was a bit unusual since she usually only does a creepy smile and walks away.

Diluc got in front of me and Kaeya pushed all the kids to me for protection and he stood behind all of us. I got my hand towards my polearm summon and got ready to grab it if I needed to. Qiqi had her sword in a sheath on her hip that I stole from a nearby store. Diona had out her bow and was holding it discreetly.

Sayu had a little switch on a glove she had got from Barbatos' knows where. I had learned that the switch summons her weapon (this isn't canon it's just my headcannon). She had her other hand on the switch, prepared to flip it in case she needed her weapon. Klee was holding her exploding jumpty dumpty since she had one that looked exactly like Dodoco.

We had arrived at some sort of cave entrance, Hu Tao stopped walking and turned towards us. The ghostly young woman seemed almost robot-like as she looked normal but there was just something off about her presence and appearance. I felt very uneasy about the whole situation and as I opened my mouth to speak, the girl's face started to.. morph..?

My eyes must have been playing a trick on me.. I stared deep into the 'eyes' of the melting woman in front of me. The woman's skin melted and I heard the crunching of what I assumed to be bones. Kaeya shielded the children from the horrifying scene. The young children covered their ears in fright.

The woman used an illusion and was now showing its true colors..

The now monster in front of us looked so bone-chilling I quite literally wanted to stab my eyes out.. the creature took the form of someone I oh so adored and ruined the image of her for me forever..

The kids' eyes were still covered and I charged at the monster. My polearm materialized in my hand a second before I was close enough to attack, Diluc tried to hold me back but.. failed to do so.

My fear dissipated as my blade entered the 'skin' of the creature. The screams were something I don't think I will soon forget, I pulled out my polearm and let it hover. My vision was not the only thing that gave me an advantage. One of the only things I will ever do in a time of danger is this..

I whistled the tune of Danse Macabre ( https://open.spotify.com/track/409FBQpjzDRKmQWITEM41q?si=A6JLHvxcRtq6Q-BAHrw5dg it's the song but by the Oh Hellos ) and appeared the figure of a woman, she was made of a sort of black fog that was thick enough that she was translucent.

I call her, 'Eden', she had found me as a little girl and raised me like a mother. Eden had garments that of an.. exotic.. dancer would wear. Her clothing was made of gold as pure as Greater Lord Rukkhadevata herself..

Eden summoned her own battle axe that was taller than her, she looked at me fondly and swung her weapon at the mush-woman. The creature screamed once more before dissolving into the ground. I shuddered in disgust and walked a few steps away to yak ( throw-up ) behind a tree.

The fight was over quite fast, yet, I still don't feel that the battle is done.. I shook off the feeling and took a glance at the group, they were all staring at Eden and trying to ask her questions, she responded in ASL ( American Sign Language ) with her foggy face blank, I am saying this because she quite literally has outlines of features but no actual ones.

Eden flipped her axe into the air and it began to hover horizontally about 2 feet above the ground, Eden gracefully flicked the joint of her ankle to propel her up as she landed in a sitting position on the wooden handle of her axe. I smiled fondly at the misty woman and looked back at the people I had been traveling with.

Diluc looked quite confused about Eden and he had obviously kept his guard up just by seeing her. I grabbed his left hand and held it in both of mine, my left hand was under his and my right hand gently massaging his knuckles. Kaeya looked at Diluc with a dismissive face. ( ( ̄^ ̄) )

~  Chapter End ~ sorry that it's been forever but i have been pretty busy lately and i kind or am really sick right now- but uhm i hope you guys like this chapter