Breathless

A/N: UUUUUMMMMMM this chapter gets kinda *spicy* too. Didn't mean for it to come out this way, but it kinda did.... so enjoyyyyyyyy!!  ;D

Also, very hawt pic of our fave guy above. I almost can't handle it.

--------------------

"'For years you've been my best friend, Y/N. But now I want us to be together.' That's what I was saying with that kiss."

It takes a moment for you to fully process Min-hyuk's words. He wants us to be together, you think blissfully. 

You feel a wide grin slowly spread across your face. You're about ready to explode from the amount of happiness he just gave you. 

"From your smile I guess you want that too," Min-hyuk adds, smiling as well. 

All you can do is nod as a faint blush touches your cheeks. A day might come when this man stops making you blush so much, but today is certainly not that day. You feel his other arm come up and you're suddenly wrapped in his warm embrace. You instinctively wrap your arms around his neck, holding him close as he buries his face in your hair. His breath warms up a small part of your neck and you can't help but let out a small giddy laugh. 

You'd only ever dreamed about holding your best friend this way, but now it's actually happening. This feels so wonderful. So intimate, somehow. 

"What's so funny?" he hums against your neck.

"Nothing," you reply, unable to wipe the huge smile from your face. You squeeze him a little tighter as another laugh erupts from you. "I'm just happy."

"I can feel that," he chokes out, echoing your laugh. "Mind loosening your grip a little? It feels like you're trying to strangle me, not hug me."

"Oh, sorry," you say and relax your grip a little. You just got a little excited. 

A few moments pass by and you're still locked in each other's arms. 

"Do you know how long I've liked you?" you ask him quietly, suddenly wanting to tell him everything. 

He pulls away a little and looks down at you, his brown eyes dancing in the dim light of the streetlamps. He doesn't answer for a moment.

"I'm almost afraid to know the answer," he says eventually, looking down. "If you say a long time, I'll just be embarrassed that I didn't catch on sooner." He laughs quietly.

You're so tempted to tell him exactly how long it's been. You want to tell him that you've liked him for almost a decade. But right now, you're in a good mood. If he really wants to know, then maybe someday you'll tell him, but for now you decide to let it slide. 

"Well, we don't want that," you say teasingly, sliding your hands down to rest on his chest. "I won't tell you exactly how long, then. But I will say... it's been a while."

He winces as he hears your hint of an answer, as if it actually causes him physical pain. "I knew it," he says. "Don't tell me any more than that."

You giggle. He's being so cute. 

A sudden realization hits you as you think that. Whenever you thought your best friend was being cute in the past, you didn't think you could ever tell him that. It would've been weird back then to say that to him. But now.... 

"You're so cuuuute!" You can't help the words that just come spilling out of your mouth. You can't seem to stop your hands either, and they reach up to squish his cheeks. 

A moment of silence passes as you both stare at each other with wide eyes. Surprise is written all over his features, and you actually see his cheeks turn the faintest shade of pink. Great, YN. You've really done it this time. He's super freaked out.