His Magic

A/N: Y'ALL! We're almost at 1k reads!!! *screams* Seriously thank you so so much!! It makes me so happy that people are actually reading this. <3 <3 <3 Y'all are the absolute best of the best of the best of the best! 

Also, it's been a while since we've had something from Ri-eul's perspective, so here's a little treat for ya...

--------------

RI EUL'S PERSPECTIVE:

I look at Y/N as she observes our new surroundings. I'm not really surprised at the change of scenery. The magic had probably been activated at some point during our kiss--something that will probably be a common occurrence now that we both believe. My thoughts are racing, and my heart is still pounding from what just happened. 

The kiss just now was different from our first kiss a few days ago. The first time I kissed her had felt innocent and sweet. I had made sure to be gentle and slow, taking time to really savor the feeling of finally kissing my best friend. But the kiss just now was needy, on my part. It was desperate and passionate--like my most basic instincts had taken the wheel, forcing my common sense and good judgment to the backseat. One second I was just kissing her, and the next it was like my hands had a mind of their own. I had let them wander wherever they wanted. I had completely lost myself in the new sensations--like how her body felt against mine, and how she wrapped her arms around me... and how her hands tugged on my hair. I nearly lost all restraint when she did that.

I mentally scold myself. Am I some kind of animal? Why did I let myself lose control like that?

At least she seemed to enjoy the kiss. And she had wanted me to kiss her more. That much had been obvious in the way she looked at me. The look in her eyes had completely destroyed my resolve in only a matter of seconds. I know that's still not a valid excuse for losing control the way I did, but at least I know she had consented...  I was tremendously grateful earlier when we briefly stopped the kiss. Otherwise, I would have just kept going, and I really did not need Y/N to see just how little self-control I have.

I think back with some embarrassment now to how eagerly I  kissed her just now--and where I kissed her. Her neck had smelled so sweet, and the skin there was unbelievably soft and warm against my lips. My heart starts racing at an alarming rate again just thinking about the sounds she made when I kissed her there. For some reason,  the fact that I had done something that had that effect on her thrills me to my very core. 

I can feel my ears warming up, and I'm sure they're a little pink at this point. What is this woman doing to me?

I blink rapidly a few times, trying to dislodge the thoughts that are making my heart race. I must be more desperate for physical contact than I thought, I realize with a jolt. I admit that years and years of living alone probably does that people, but this is on another level. Even thinking about holding her again is nearly driving me crazy. 

I promptly shove my hands in my pockets to keep myself in check, and I make a mental note to be more careful around her. I'm determined not to let myself lose control like that again. 

These new and unfamiliar feelings for my best friend are proving to be dangerous.

My eyes study Y/N. Even in her slightly over-sized hoodie and skinny jeans, she looks beautiful. Flower petals and snowflakes dance around her face, and the wind is blowing her hair off her shoulders. She's still standing close to me, looking around in awe. At that moment, Y/N turns back to me.

"Where are we?" She whispers after a moment.

I simply smile at her, not answering right away. Technically, we're still standing on the street by Y/N's house. The clearing we're in right now is simply a creation of magic--it's not a place that exists in the real world.