Those Three Words

A/N: I know what you're thinking. It's now Sunday, so this chapter is a day late. But don't hate me TOO much hahaha. This is where things might change a little from the show, so stay tuned! Hope you enjoy this chapter. It's a little intense and angsty, not gonna lie, so read with caution. 

Love you all! Thanks so so so so so so so so so sooooooo much for reading this!! I love all your feedback and comments! They really make my day! Enjoy! And don't forget to VOTE!

__________________

Y/N's Perspective:

'I love you.'

That's what you wanted to say earlier. Why had the words refused to come out? 

You're sitting alone on the bench outside. Min-hyuk left only a minute or two ago to get you a coat, leaving you time to think. You're staring blankly at the ground in front of you, lost in thought. You even kissed him just now while thinking those words. So why were they so hard to say out loud?

You thought it would be easy, especially considering how long you've known each other... but for some reason, as your lips had formed the words, you froze. Was it fear holding you back? Fear that he doesn't feel the same way? Fear that it's still too early in your new relationship to say something like that?

But you would have been telling him the truth. You do love him. You realized it while he was looking into your eyes earlier. You love Min-hyuk. So much that it hurts. He makes you worry constantly, and you never know what he'll do next with his magic... but you love him. He looks after you, listens to you... and he's even helped you re-discover your inner-child: that ability to believe in things that seem impossible. 

You wanted to tell him right then, when your eyes had met for that short time.... but you couldn't get the words out. You weren't brave enough. That, and he also seemed sad for a moment before he looked away from you. So you kissed him instead, hoping that would give you the courage. He had been surprised, but he soon relaxed into the kiss. You can almost still feel the warmth of his hand where it had rested on your knee. Of all the kisses you've shared so far, that brief kiss was the most significant to you. It wasn't driven by desire, and it wasn't something you had done without thinking. It was intentional. You were expressing your love with that kiss.

And something tells you he had felt it, at least to some degree.

You just wish you could have told him verbally too. But what had you said instead? 'I just wanted to kiss my boyfriend.' Pretty lame in comparison. You slap a hand to your forehead in frustration. 

It's okay, you tell yourself. Maybe I'll just tell him when he gets back. Your heart starts pounding against your ribcage at an alarming rate just at the thought, and all of a sudden it doesn't seem that simple. Maybe I won't, you think nervously. 

Before you can think any more about it, a shrill scream rips through the silence of the amusement park, echoing a bit before disappearing into the night.

You turn quickly to look back at the theater where the sound had come from, and you're on your feet in the blink of an eye, completely forgetting about your ankle. Your thoughts start racing. Min-hyuk just went in there only a few minutes ago. But that didn't sound like Min-hyuk. It sounded like a girl. 

Something's not right.

Without a second thought, you take a step forward, but stop when pain shoots up your leg. You hiss in pain, finally remembering your ankle. You take a few slow steps forward, putting the least amount of weight possible on your leg. Finally, you get into a good rhythm and you're limping quickly toward the building ahead of you.