Annarasumanara

A/N: My lovely, devoted readers, my brain is having trouble wrapping around the fact that THIS HAS 9K READS NOW!!!!! I just.... don't even know what to say lol. Thank you so so SO much, all of you, for reading this book! It makes me happy that people enjoy it. Love you all! :D <3 <3 <3 <3 

Also, I know I promised to have updates every Wednesday and Saturday. As many of you have probably realized, that hasn't been working out so well hahaha. You know those times where you just get really excited and bite off a bit more than you can chew? Yeahhhhhh, that happened. SO, I will now be updating ONLY ON SATURDAYS!! Should be a lot less stressful for me, and a lot more enjoyable for you because you'll actually have consistent updates lol. 

Now without further ado:

____________

Ri-eul's Perspective:

The amusement park gate is locked. The theater door is barricaded. Now all that's left to do is wait, I think to myself. I'm standing on the small wooden stage with my hands on my hips, admiring the large heap of furniture and heavy boxes I had moved in front of the theater's only door. Hopefully that'll keep them busy for a good while. 

I turn and start getting my magic props ready. Everything needs to be in order for my magic show. I wheel over the large box (the one that I typically use for the sawing-people-in-half trick). I also set up a small table with a black tablecloth, and I lay an ornate silver knife on a small pedestal in the center. I lay out various other magic props on the table beside it. 

I step back a little to admire my work. Everything looks quite mysterious. Just how I like it. Something's missing, though. 

It takes me a moment before I realize that it's me. I'm still in relatively casual clothing. We can't have that. If I'm going to be putting on a show like a true magician, I need to look the part. I take long strides toward the trap door in the center of the stage, lift it, and proceed to climb down the little wooden ladder. 

As I turn around, my eyes catch a glimpse of the small, bird-shaped bundle of silk nearby. I quickly look away again as tears sting my eyes, and start getting dressed. Now is not the time to mourn.

Bella had been my first thought after I decided to wait here. Before I even locked the gate or set up the barricade, I checked on her. I think she had been waiting for me. Seeing me again may have been the only thing keeping her going, because almost as soon as I knelt beside her again, my beautiful bird--my best friend--passed on. 

All I could do was cover her lifeless form and get on with my tasks. I didn't even have time to cry. Not then, and certainly not now. 

I can hear the sirens just outside. The police should be trying to get in the theater by now. The amusement park gates probably didn't hold them back for long. My guess is confirmed when I hear distant pounding on the other side of the barricade in front of the theater door. I try not to think about it too much, though, as I straighten my suit, looking at myself in my full length mirror. The suit I chose is black, or maybe a very dark blue, with coattails that give off very magician-like vibes. 

With one final look in the mirror, I grab one of my top hats, putting it gracefully on my head. I turn around towards the trap door once more. I'm finally ready to put on a show. 

----

"What are you doing right now?" 

The two detectives that took me away earlier are standing, looking up at me as I slowly pace stage. It hadn't taken them too long to break through the barricade by the door. They and the three police officers they brought with them came in not too long ago and have been trying to coax me down from the stage. It's obvious they want to try talking things out before exerting force to take me away, probably because they're a little wary of what I'm going to do next. After all, they think I'm some psychotic murderer. They'll do anything to try not to set me off. That works out just fine for me, though. It gives me more time to stall.