Chapter 2: Light Cafe

pov of DIANA

I left the parking spot. I don't know how I talked to him without becoming a stuttering fool. He was so rude and he literally asked me if I wanted someone to try on me. HUH!!!!!

Okay, he was hot. I will give him that. He was towering over me. I guess his height is 6'1 or 6'2. Brown eyes. Perfect tanned skin. He smelled like something citrus, manly. I don't know what it was but it was good.

And he had one piercing on his left ear. And he was wearing a black suit at 8:30 in the morning. Really?

Like why would someone even wake up this early and he was wearing a suit?

I made my way towards the "Light Cafe" where I am waitressing. For now, of course. I am not pursuing waitressing as my career. I just graduated as an engineer two weeks ago from Thomas University.

The mornings are the busiest in the cafe. Most people come here to get a takeaway breakfast or a coffee on their way to their office. I went straight to the counter and found Addy making a latte.

Addy is my best friend in the whole world. He is the only one I trust. He is dark, tall, and handsome. As soon as I entered he turned to me and bunched his eyebrows. I think I am not very good at hiding my expressions. 

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you looking like someone just broke your nail?" he questioned.

I frowned, " Some asshole was parking on my spot and blamed me for the scratch on his car."

He rolled his eyes, " You know it's the second time you got into a car accident this month. I don't know how you got your driving license. Did you bribe the officer or just threatened him to do so?"

"Very funny" I smiled.

"You know you should really join a driving school or something," he said in a concerned voice.

"Yeah, I know." I sighed. Just as I said that the bell above the door rang and a guy entered.

The guy.

The one who was the victim of my driving today. All the eyes turned to him. Women were practically drooling. And men were giving glares to their woman. He saw me at the counter and sighed. Then he rolled his eyes and sat in the most secluded corner of the area.

Shit, that was my table. No, I mean it's not my-my table it was the table I give duty in.

I rolled my eyes and went to the table.

"Good morning sir, what would you like to have?" I asked sweetly. I really didn't want to talk like that, but you know protocols.

"An apology and then a black coffee maybe," he said as sweetly as me.

I narrowed my eyes," Black coffee. Coming right up, Sunshine " I smirked. He glared.

I know the "sunshine" annoys the fuck out of him. I went to the kitchen and started making his black coffee. After 5 minutes it was ready. I took it with me to his table.

Now he was not alone and a man was sitting in front of him. He was old. Maybe in his late sixties. As I came close I recognized he was Mr. Smith. He was the most frequent customer in our cafe.

I placed the coffee on the table. And said hi to Mr. Smith. He smiled and asked how I was.

"I am fine Mr. Smith. How are you?"

"Good- good" he smiled, while the asshole was looking back and forth between us with an amused expression.

"The usual order or something else you want to try today?" I asked politely.