Chapter 9: Drive

pov of DIANA

He gave me an antiseptic. He gave me a fucking antiseptic. I checked the expiry date maybe he gave it to mock me. 

NO. Not expired. First, I decided not to apply it but my hand was hurting like hell. Then I thought fuck it and applied the cream. It's been so long since someone did something for me that's why it was hard for me to trust him.

At 12, I and the prick have a meeting in a hotel that is one hour away. I went to his cabin to ask him if he was ready. I knocked on the door and waited till he answered.

"Come in. I was wait-"

"Thank you. You know for the cream. I didn't-.......like expect that from you. So you know I was a bit......umm shocked when you brought it-" he cut me off.

"I didn't do it for you." I raised my eyebrows." I mean if your hand was hurt you wouldn't be accompanying me now. So, yeah." he shrugged and got back to adjusting his file.

"Liar" the words left my mouth even before I could process them.

"I am anything but a liar," he glared. No, he glowered. I narrowed my eyes.

He stood up and left I followed him. We reached the parking lot. He was going towards his BMW. The same BMW. He has got the scratch fixed. I went towards my car. 

"Where are you going?" he asked in confusion raising his brows.

"can't you see?" I asked sarcastically. He groans.

"Why are you going towards your car?" Now it was my turn to raise my brows."I mean why are you not coming with me? It's not like I will kidnap you or something. And besides, we both have to reach in one piece and you know how you drive." I glared.

"My driving is perfectly fine. But since you are insisting, I guess I will come with you. And regardless the rate of the gas are touching the sky." 

I moved towards the backseat of his BMW. There is no way I am sitting in the front with him.

"I am not your driver. Sit in the front." He said it sternly. I turned to him and he was looking at me like he would burn the car down with me in it if I will sit in the back.

So I moved towards the front door. I didn't want to go to the meeting. I hope we both make it to the end of the day without murdering each other. 

"I hope you're not waiting for me to open the door for you," he said while I was zoned out.

"A gentlemen like always, sunshine," I answered before moving inside. 

His car smelled like leather and him. Citrus and manly. The car was flawless. Not a scratch. Not a speck of dust. No nothing. And on the other hand, my car........well let's not talk about it.

He entered the car and shut his door. His shoulder brushed mine. I tensed. I shifted in my place and crossed my legs. My pulse began to manically throb between my thighs. Oh my god, I can't be turned on by him. What's wrong with me? 

I blame the lack of sex in my life to be turned on by an accidental touch and that too from him.

To distract my mind I reached for the radio, but, the look he gave me made me change my mind. I think he hates music.

 Who hates music? He does. I rolled my eyes. Finally, I decided to break the silence.

"So where are we going?" Shit. That was the first thing that crossed my mind. I know where we are going. I was the one who fixed the meeting. He turned to me and took a quick glimpse of my hand before saying,

"I think you know where we are going," he replied with an amused tone.

"Don't you have a driver to drive a car?" I asked not expecting any answer.

"I don't like being chauffeured around. Do you want something?" He asked rudely.

"Yeah, right. I was jus....nothing." 

"You were just? Complete it," he ordered. I hate this tone.

"I was just..........Trying to reduce the awkwardness. You know you are quiet. I am quiet. This car is quiet. And you certainly don't want any music. And the hotel is not near. So I thought we could like talk or play a game. Atlas? Do you know how to play it? Should I tell you the rules? You might think it is a game for kids but trust me it is really nice." I rambled.

"What's your favorite color?" he blinked while looking at the road.

"What?" I chocked.

"What 'what'? You only said I am quiet. You are quiet. The car is q-"

"Okay, I got it. Red. Yours?" I asked cutting him off.

"I don't know. I like all the same," he grunted. I giggled, I knew he wouldn't have any favorite color. "What?"

"Nothing. So moving on, what are your hobbies?" I asked.

"Business. Yours?" he said. 

"Back to two words, are we? And just one?" I paused. "Let's see I like to paint my nails. But it is more of a liking than a hobby. So I umm.....like painting? No. I like it but you know I am very bad at it, so it is not a hobby. Wow, I just found out I don't have a hobby." I said disappointed. 

"It's okay. Some people don't have one. What type of food do you like?" he asked.

"I like all types of food. Italian, Chinese, Mexican all kinds of food. But mostly I like Indian. I like tandoori chicken the most. Have you ever eaten it? It's the best." I turned towards him.

"No, I haven't. I didn't know you like Indian. I like Italian. Fettuccine Alfredo and all." What?

"What 'fredo'?" I bunched my brows in confusion.

"White sauce pasta," he sighs.

"Oh. So if you had a kid, what would you name it? Wait, will you have kids? If yes, they will definitely be half-satan and half-human," I said impetuously and my eyes widened. His gaze flicked to me. And his mouth twitched a little.

Why can't I keep a conversation like a normal human being? Why? 

"Don't answer that. It just got out of my mouth. It's none of my business and all that I know." 

"I don't mind kids," he answered and his mouth curved slightly. I didn't anticipate any answer but whatever.

"Okay. Who in your family are you closest to?" I picked a safe topic this time.

"Next question," he groaned.

"Come on. It's just a normal question."

"You tell me who are you closest to?"

"If you will tell me, then I will too"

"Okay. Fair enough," he said

"Okay," I said.

"Okay," he said.

"Okay," I said.

He rasped and turned on the radio.