Chapter 12: Periods

pov of AIDEN

The next day I went to the office wearing a Black suit. I met Diana in the lift lobby. We both nodded at each other. I asked her about her day.

"Good," she said while subtly stroking her stomach.

She replied in one word. What? Has the sun risen from the west today?

"And?" I pried.

She blinked, "And what? It was good."

"Just good?" I asked amused.

"Yup. How was your day?" I raised my eyebrows. She never asks me that

"Fine," I replied

"Fine? Okay," she nodded several times while drawing lazy circles on her arms with her fingertips. The lift opened and we walked towards our desks.

I looked at her she was still stroking her stomach.

At four, we had a meeting in the office. I was already in the meeting room when she entered. She looked around........searching for something? Then she looked directly into my eyes and just as quickly broke eye contact.

She waved to John who was sitting on my left and started talking to him like they were old pals. I hated it. She never talked to me like this. Why him? I frowned. She saw it and raised her eyebrows. I looked away. Then the meeting started.

Today's meeting was with the new company rd jewellers. The representative of the company was in the middle of the presentation just when Diana rose up from her seat, clenching her stomach softly.

All eyes bore on her and she was evidently uncomfortable. I wanted to strangle each and every person in this fucking room because they made her uneasy. But I couldn't do it. So I settled with a glare.

"I need to y-you know........... umm...... go to the re-restroom if it's okay?" she said nervously and her eyes met mine at the end of her sentence. I nodded in response.

She went out. The meeting continued. But all I could think of was her. It's been two minutes since she went to the "restroom". I continued staring at the door.

3 minutes. Patience, Aiden Patience.

5 minutes, that's it. I stood up and asked John to dismiss the meeting and send the presentation on my mail. I made my way towards the washroom only to find her outside the room.

She was leaning against the wall, slightly bent while clenching her stomach hard. Her eyes were closed shut and she was murmuring something.

There was no one around as the conference area was a secluded section to give privacy during the meetings.

I quickly walked toward her.

"What's wrong? Is your stomach hurting?" I asked softly.

"Yeah, a little." I narrowed my eyes and tilted my head. She bit her lips and continued." Okay, a lot. I just-Not-"

"Don't you dare say nothing" I cut her off, coldness returning to my voice.

"Umm.....I-I like...You know.......girls.......I am having period cramps. You know the thing that happens every month. Periods. Menstruation. Cramps. That you don't have. I am honestly jealous of you. I hate you so much right now. It's jus.....Shit. Fuck. Sorry." she blurted out, her face turning red. Not only her cheeks, her whole face. Nose. Ears. Forehead. Neck. Everything.

I chuckled. God, how have I never met her before?

"You are laughing." She narrowed her eyes. I grabbed her elbow with my free hand and led her to my cabin. I was still rubbing her stomach on the way. Maybe that is relaxing her. I made her sit down on the couch and she started shaking. No not, light trembles, violently shaking.

"What happened? Is it hurting too much?" I asked her while tugging her hair behind that had fallen on her face. She vigorously nodded her head.

"Okay. Wait here. I will come in a second." I said and paced towards the lift. I pressed all the buttons. 5 seconds. The lift was taking too long.

I rushed towards the staircase and practically ran down the 15 flights of stairs. I sprinted to the grocery store that was a block away. Thank god, I run in the morning.

I opened the gate and asked the attendant to tell me where the painkillers are. He directed me towards the aisle beside the fruits. I immediately took 5 packets of pills. On my way to the counter, I saw chocolates. I debated buying them. Should I? The sensible part of my brain was thinking that you don't buy chocolates for your other employees. But I don't think I am sensible anymore.

I didn't know which chocolate she liked. So I brought one of each type. I gave it to the lady on the counter. When she saw the bag of chocolates she gasped.

"Do you really want two bags of chocolate sir?"

I grunted and glared in response. She quickly started to scan the things. I paid and left for the office.

This time the lift was already there. I took it and came back to my cabin.

She was now laying on her stomach. Her forehead was on the armrest. She looked relaxed and I heard her murmuring something like 'I am a strong women' as soon as I entered she opened her eyes and sat straight.

Her eyes widened when she saw the bag in my hand. And she audibly swallowed. I came near her and set the bags on the table.

I then poured a glass of water for her. And placed it on the table. I popped a tablet out and gave it to her. She took it warily and fucking inspected it. I rolled my eyes.

"It is poison, you know so you could have it and die. It will ease the pain" I said regretting it instantly. And she narrowed her eyes and took the tablet.

"And if I may ask why have you brought all these chocolates, Sunshine" I narrowed my eyes. She smirked weakly.

"What do you think? Of course, I have brought them to distribute among the staff to celebrate your death." I winced. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I never ever want her to die. And celebrate her death? I couldn't even think about it.

She frowned, "You will celebrate my death, sunshine?"

I grunted. Then I took the bags and gave them to her. She smiled and sat up straight barely concealing her excitement. If I was not there I bet she would be bouncing on the couch.

I smiled. I like that she likes it.

"Are these all for me?" She asked biting her cheeks to suppress her smile. The cramps were long gone, I guess.

"I don't see anyone else here besides you," I told her and her smile got even bigger, if it was possible. I think I can get used to her smiles. ugh, who am I kidding? I already love her smile.

"Thank you so much. I really like chocolates you know. And especially on my periods. KitKat is my favorite. You shouldn't have brought so many chocolates unless you have plans to make me fat. Wait. Did you bring this to make me fat?" Her brain really works in mysterious ways.

I shook my head and gestured towards the bag for her to eat any chocolate she likes. KitKat. She likes KitKat.

She took a KitKat first and started eating it. After she was done, I placed her in the exact same position she was in before I came in, on her back. She bit her lips and her eyes widened.

"You should take some rest. I will handle the rest of the meetings." I said. She was too appalled to speak anything.

I returned back to my laptop. After some time she also dozed off.