Chapter 14: My Moon

pov of DIANA

I walked into my house. Allen was sitting on the couch drinking. He turned to me. I gasped. I quickly started running to my room. He saw and didn't even move. I reached my room and locked it. I pushed my chair and table to block the door more properly.

I didn't get much sleep. I kept thinking about at which point, in which moment our relationship turned into this. The worst, dreadful part of my day. What happened to our happily ever after? Why me? Why didn't I get that joyful ending that every person seems to get? What happened to the Allen I fell in love with?

Maybe I confused intuition for love like.....how to explain this......like isn't slap also a touch? I constantly feel like going home, when I am already in it. I don't know what this feeling is but as soon as I reach the apartment I feel suffocated. Like someone is forcefully seizing all my air from my lungs. I closed my eyes. And started taking deep breaths.

I woke up the next morning. I decided I will wear the most comfortable clothes in the whole world today but at the same time be presentable. So I settled on a cotton half-sleeve tee and a pair of my most comfy jeans. I wore my moon bracelet. I absolutely love it. I bought it when I was ten. I wear it occasionally because I love it and don't want to lose it. I call it the moon.

I left for work.

I reached the lift lobby. He was already there. Waiting for lift. He was holding flowers. Hmm. For whom? Before he could ask how my day was I blurted out.

"Hot date?" Shit.

Kill me now, please.

"Jealous?" he asked amused.

"You wish," I said scrunching my nose.

"I do," he said confidently. I snapped my face to see if he was joking, he was already staring at me, blankly. We kept staring at each other for a moment. Then I unconsciously turned my eyes towards his hands that were holding the flowers. I kept glaring at them. I don't know why was I doing this. But I hate them. I got distracted by the ping sound from the lift indicating that we have reached the floor. I rushed to my desk.

He followed behind. I thought he would move to his cabin but he directed toward me. My desk. He swiftly replaced the fake flowers on my desk in a vase that I never noticed with the real ones.

"Since you kept eyeing my flowers throughout the lift, I am damn sure that you have already hexed them," he said smirking and those dimples of his were slightly visible.

"Really? I will not be surprised if you accused me of having two voodoo dolls of yours lying in my cupboard." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh? Just two? I already made 5 of them, just in case one gets damaged." he said playfully. I didn't have a better comeback.

"I didn't do anything to your flowers you can take them"

"No"

"No? What no? I don't want them" I insisted.

"And who told you they are for you? Besides, It's my office I can keep whatever whenever wherever I want to," he said stressing on the w-words.

"Okayyy," I said already worn out by the conversation.

I started working. First, I called all the clients we have a meeting next month to confirm the dates again. Then I discussed the upcoming project functions with Henry, the manager. Mrs. Bose explained the arrangements of contracts.

I generally take a lunch break at three but today I was very very tired. So I took a lunch break. Well everybody took a lunch break since the cafeteria was almost full.

I bought a sandwich. And ate it in the corner peacefully. After eating, I went to the coffee counter to get a cup of coffee. But I bumped into someone. He was towering over me. I am not small but he was big. I didn't see who he was. I am 5'6, just laying this out there.

"Sorry," I said finally looking up while rubbing my forehead and adjusting my glasses.

Tall. Lean Frame. Citrus.

"I think you are two weeks late for an apology." He said subtly implying the car incident.

I took a deep breath. And started moving towards the coffee counter. I grabbed my coffee. And took a sip just then I saw my moon bracelet was missing. Oh my god!!!! It was my favorite. I looked around the floor. And finally spotted my bracelet.

Absentmindedly I shouted," My moon. My moon." I thought no one would have heard it since the whole cafeteria was filled with noises.

But all the eyes turned to me. I can feel my cheeks turning red but why were they looking at me?

And then I realized why? It was hanging in the cufflinks of the asshole's grey suit. I accidentally called him 'my moon.'

Holy Shit. How many times can I embarrass myself in one day?

I looked at him. He was looking at me and raised his eyebrows. I froze believing no one can see me if I don't move right?

Wow, Diana! What are you thinking? I scolded myself.

He started walking towards me and grabbed my arm and took me outside the cafeteria, I was too mortified to protest. I was internally thanking him for doing that. We stepped outside and he closed the entrance door of the cafe. We stood there.

"I thought I was Sunshine," he said after a while, blankly.

"No my moon" I tried to clarify like that is enough explanation.

"Sunshine wasn't enough that you have started calling me moon- no 'your moon' also? What- Do you have a kink for celestial bodies or something?" He said air quoting your moon. He was definitely bugged.

"Or something," I said without thinking," and my moon bracelet is stuck in your cufflink," I said pointing towards it. He followed the direction where I was pointing to.

"Oh." He removes it from the cufflink. I brought my hand forward anticipating that he will give me my moon. He saw my hand and slapped it away before tying the bracelet in his hand. It was very small for his hand but he didn't say anything.

I narrowed my eyes, " It's mine. What are you doing?"

"You took my flowers this morning so it is only fair for me to take your moon. Don't you think?" he said very seriously accentuating your moon but his eyes were playful.

"No, I didn't take the flowers you placed them on my desk," I argued back.

"Yeah just like that I am taking this with me." he snapped back.

"No, you can't," I said and grabbed his wrist to remove my moon. He quickly put his hands in the back and slightly turned around. And I fell on his torso. He balanced me with his other hand.

I huffed and said," You know what keep it."

"I was going to keep it anyway," he smirked before moving towards his office.