Please don't leave me

" You spoke to Dumbledore? About what?" She said in disbelief.

" Some... things I had on my mind." He said in a tired voice.

" Like what?" She asked quickly, needing to know.

He lifted his head and sighed. " Nothing." He waited a few moments before turning around to face her in the dark.

" Where are you going with Potter?"

Hermione spluttered. " I uhm.. I can't tell you." She frowned at the gravel floor.

" Right." Draco said almost sarcastically. " You don't trust me."

Hermione through her hands out in front of her. " I do!" She cried. " I do trust you! But we've been over this, you know why I can't tell you!"

Draco stood up straighter and his voice grew colder. " No, I don't know why you can't tell me. " He said quietly and clenched his teeth. " All I know is that my girfriend is running off with two boys somehwere this summer, and she won't let me know if she'll be safe!"

" I-" Hermione tried to speak, but the words were caught in her throat, which was suddenly tight. Tears escaped from her eyes and ran down the side of her face, bright in the moonlight. " I can't." She choked. She covered her face in her hands, standing still and trying to calm herself.

Draco watched her for a moment, before he sighed and gathered her into his arms, laying her head into his shoulder where it fit perfecty, like it was ment to rest there.

" I'm sorry." He whispered, stroking her hair. " I didn't mean get mad, i just-don't want to see you getting hurt." He closed his eyes, taking in her scent. He didn't want her to cry, it hurt him when she did. But he already knew it wasn't the last time she would be crying because of him that night. The thought made his heart hurt, like someone stabbed it with a needle.

" It's okay." she sniffed. She lifted her head and whipped her eyes.

Draco stood looking down into her sparkling brown eyes, hoping with all his heart that after the war, he would see those same intelligant eyes staring into his.

His life had been mostly made up off bad decisions, and if he didn't speak now, he would be adding another bad decision to that list.

He backed away to the railing again, leaning against it. " Theres....theres a war going on " He stated.

" Yes..." Hermione said cautiosly, not liking his tone.

" And well... I think you already know what part my family will play in it." He hung his head for a moment before lifting hit back up. " And I think you know what that means." He said quietly.

Hermione started to panic. He heart was racing and she couldn't control her breathing. "Wha-" She gasped. " what do you mean?"

" School ends tomorrow, and I..... won't be returning next year." He said softly, refusing to look at her.

" Wha...why?" She stuttered. " But what will you do?"

"I'm going to be with my family. " He declared. " I go tomorrow, as soon as we got off the train."

" But there evil! You said so yourself! And now your going to fight with them?" Her voice was slightly hysterical.

" I have no choice!" He flung his arms out in front off him. " If I trade sides, everyone I care about will die. If I go with them, they have a better chance of living."

Hermione swallowed. " But-But if your with them, how will I talk to you?" The look in Draco's eyes gave her the answer before he even said it himself.

" You won't" He said calmly. " It's too dangerous. I-I can't have you in that kind of danger." He ran his hand through his hair and exhaled.

"But what about you!? " She cried. " It will be dangerous for you too!" She was wringing her hands nervously in front of her. " I don't want anything to happen to you!" " I..I coudn't live with myself if anything bad every happened to you, or if..if you died" She wipped her eyes with her palms.

"Nothing bad will happen to me, you don't have to worry. But it could happen to you, and

I can't let that happen. If anything ever happend to you, there would be no point in living without you. Your the ony person I want, the ony person I need, and the ony person I love. But you, you would have things to live for. You have your family, your friends... you have a life ahead of you." He stroked a hand down her soft cheek and then smirked his famous smirk. " Who woulnd't want Hermione Granger, brightest witch of our age, working for them?"

" It's not funny Draco!" She said sternly. "Please tell me your joking?" She begged.

" I wish I was, but I'm not. " He sighed and looked away for a moment, then turned to face her again. "We.. Can't see eachother anymore Hermione." He spoke quitely." It's too dangerous, I'm sorry. But maybe.. maybe you'll find someone who won't put you into danger all the time. Someone who.. deserves someone as speacial and unique and as beautiful as you." He squeezed her hand tightly in his, staring intently into her eyes.

"But I want you! We can figure it out! After everything..After the war! We can find eachother again..We-"

" Hermione don't you understand?" Draco interuppted. " After the war, I won't be here anymore to hold your hand to.. tell you I love you.. I'll be in prison with my family. "

Hermione gasped."No! But you haven't done anything wrong! It isn't fair!"

"Nothing's ever fair, but as long as it means your safe, it's worth it." He said quitly.

"Please Draco!" Hermione cried." You-You can come with us! I'll convince Harry! He'll understand! He'l-"

"Hermione, please I can't! Stop trying to make this harder! I have to do something good in my life at least once!" He said exasperatedly.

"Do something else! Please!" She sobbed.

Draco pulled her in close for what would be the last time. He closed his eyes. " I'm sorry." He whispered over her sobbs.

"Please do me one favour and don't get hurt. Just remember, I'll always love you, no matter what." He gave her one last bone crushing squeeze before he left down the stairs of the astronomy tower, trying to hide the pained look on his face.

Hermione started sobbing hysterically into her hands as she slide down the stone tower side. He couldn't leave her! He couldn't! But he did.