The snatchers...

Dedicated to @paigejunge ! Sorry It wouldn't let me do an actual dedication.. 

A crisp morning breeze wafted into the tent onto Hermione's face, successfully waking her up. She opened her eyes at the shocking cold, and glanced up to see Ron wrestling with the zipper on the tent to get it closed. She sighed and grabbed her wand from her bedside table, pointed it at the door, muttered a spell and the zipper raced down to the floor, blocking more cold air from entering the tent. 

" Did you forget you can do magic?" She asked sarcastically, while she pulled her blankets off and stood up, placing her hands on her hips. 

Ron jumped slightly and turned to face her., " Oh sorry, did I wake you up?" He asked innocently.

Hermione rolled her eyes and sighed frustratedly. She wasn't ready to forgive him yet. "No. As you can tell, I'm still sleeping." She shook her head and walked over to the kitchen table, where harry was sitting, reading what appeared to be a newspaper.

She glanced over his shoulder. "What's that, Harry?" The title: MORE UNSOLVED MURDERS, POLICE STARTING TO SUSPECT SERIAL KILLER, caight her eye.

"It's the muggle newpaper" Harry explained.  Hermione stiffened angrily at his words. " And where did you get the muggle newspaper, Harry?"

Harry blanked. "Uhm..." He reached out and grabbed a berry from the bowl in front of him, "Do you want a berry?" He offered holding the bowl out to her. 

"No thank you."Hermione said, pushing the bowl away. "I'm curious how you got a muggle newspaper without going into the muggle city though, Harry. I'd really like to now that."

Harry sighed and placed the bowl back on the table. "Okay, so I went into town to get one. We've been in the dark about what's going on for ages!" he defended himself. 

Hermione crossed her arms and glared at him. " We can't go into town! It's to risky! There's probably deatheaters everywhere looking for you! " She saw Harry wince, but she continued.

"And just like Ron said." She glared at him to." There are snatchers looking for people to trade in for money. What do you think they would do if they found the famous Harry Potter? Hm?" 

Harry flattened out the newspaper. " I get it, Hermione. You're right about it being dangerous, but we need to know what's going on! We can't keep in the dark anymore, Hermione." He finished quietly.

"Well some of us haven't been in the dark as long as you and I, Harry" Hermione shot a glare over at Ron whole held up his hands defensively. 

" I wold you everything I know!" he said quickly. 

" Really?" Hermione snapped. " So you leave for a few months and the only thing that happens in the world are snatchers?" She seethed.

"Well... I guess a few other things happened. " He said slowly.

" Yeah, that's what I thought." Hermione muttered darkly, and Ron hung his head.

" So what happened?" Harry questioned.

Ron thought for a moment, before running a hand down his face frustratedly. 
" Well..you know who has completely taken over hogwarts last time I heard anything about it. " Whatt??"Harry and Hermione said together. Hermione uncrossed her arms and sat in a chair she pulled out. 

"Yeah." Ron said. "And with Snape as headmaster, things have got worse."

"Snape is headmaster?" Harry gapped."But McGonagall was supposed to be headmistress!" 

"If he who must not be named took over the school, do you really think he would let McGonagall be headmistress, Harry?" Hermione said sadly.

"No I guess not." Harry spoke in equal sadness. 

"Anyway, Snape sends anyone who deserves detention to the Carrows, and they.. torture the students and stuff.. they use the unforgivables. " Hermione gasped and Ron looked at her. "I heard they do much worse to. Remember how we always said Snape gave detention for even breathing the wrong way?" Ron asked and the other two nodded. "Well he literally does now. Of course the slytherins are favoured." Ron added bitterly. 

"But thats' thats horrible!" Hermione cried. " Surely the ministry is doing something to stop this?" She almost begged.

Ron just laughed without humor." But he's got control of the ministry to! They all work for him!" 

Hermione's eyes were wide with fear, and Harry held his head in his hands. 

"If he's got the ministry under his control, he's got everybody under is control." Harry stated. 

There was a silence in the tent that no one wanted to break, until Harry finally did. " See, Hermione? " He asked quietly. " This is why we need to know what's going on." He picked up the newspaper he had been reading this morning and the title flashed once more before Hermiones eyes and she frowned sadly.

" He doesn't just have control of the wizarding world, but now the muggle on as well. And soon, he'll eliminate the muggles, muggleborns and every one else who defies him until barely anyone is left. This is why we need to know what's going on." He placed the paper back on the table where Hermione's eyes followed it.

She had tears in her eyes, but she fought back reluctantly. " It's horrible, Harry, I know, but you shouldn't be going into the muggle city anyway! We can find out what's going on a different way! Ron." She said turning to him." How did you find out the stuff you know?" 

Ron looked sheepish and sad as he answered. " I..uh.. I heard from The bar maid Rosemerta.. I was sneaking around, and I seen her in an alley with some other woman, by the old diner that's by my house. So I listened in, that's how I heard." he shrugged his shoulders. 

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Well we can't do that, either." 

Harry sighed. "just gvie up,Hermione.That's the only was we can get news. " He said. 

"I am not going to give up! We don't even need news! We need to find horcrux's and how do you expect to fi-" she was cut off by Harry shouting.

"And how do you expect to find Horcrux's, when we don't have news to give us clues to where voldemort is!" 

"HARRY! NO!" Ron screamed.

"It took Harry a second to register what he did wrong, until he realized he said voldemorts name, and the snatchers would be coming. 

" We have to get out of here!" Ron said urgently."Don't grab anything! Just go!" 

Hermione stood up from her chair and it crashed to the ground." Give me your hands!" She shouted.

Harry and Ron were just reaching out to her when suddenly a growling voice spoke from outside the tent. 

" Step out now with your hands in the air!" The voice shouted. "You've got twelve wands pointing at you, so I suggest you do what we say, unless you want to die very painfully!" 

A/N: I was originally going to separate this into two chapters, then decided it was better as one.  I know my writing was horrible today, and I'm sorry! Please read, review and vote!