CHAPTER 26

Hey all, I'm back! Sorry I haven't published in a while, but I am alive and will start posting new chapters. I think I will write and publish as I feel like it since sticking to a schedule has been difficult for me. But since I have a lot of time on my hands right now due to not being in school, that will probably be pretty often. 

Additionally, I have just started publishing a new fanfic. It is a Teen Wolf fanfic, so you should check it out if you like Teen Wolf or just like werewolf stories. I'm writing it similar to this one, where it goes along with the story, and I added in my own character. Also, it will eventually have Theo as a love interest for my character because he is hot.  Hopefully, some of you will check it out; it's called "In the Shadows," and you can find it on my page. 

Now, onto the story, you've been waiting for!

CHAPTER 26

After playing cards and answering a plethora of questions, we all decided to take a nap; Mae was still working on her analysis of the sample Sammy found, and we all realized how tired we were. After a while, Yaz woke us up. Apparently, Mae had found something in the sample.

"Okay, after careful analysis of the nutriment samples, I've discovered alarmingly high levels of rector antagonists, as well as adrenal additives. These must be the cause of the elevated combative state of the animals who've ingested them." Mae explained to us.

"Dude, what the heck is she talking about?" I heard Kenji ask Darius.

Mae let out a sigh before explaining what she said in simpler terms. "The T. rex food's been tampered with. They're adding things that make the dinos more aggressive and inhibits their ability to feel pain." Mae explained, but Kenji turned and looked at me, still a little confused.

"They are adding stuff to the food to make the dinosaurs angrier," I said with a shrug, and Kenji nodded at me.

"Mantah Corp is the worst," Sammy exclaimed. "Why would they do that?" Darius asked Mae. "I have no idea. But it seems more important than ever to get you kids off the island," she replied simply.

I think everyone was relieved to hear an adult who finally wanted to help us get home. "No argument here," Kenji said before he began to cough. "Are you feeling okay? Brooklynn asked, and I couldn't help as Kenji tried to play off the fact that he was obviously catching a cold.

"Great, trying to get off yet another island. Any ideas?" Brooklynn asked sarcastically.

Mae gasped after a moment startling us. "The supply plane!" she exclaimed. "It comes every two weeks. Only the next one's not due for another ten days." She said.

"We can't wait that long," Yaz said sternly, and we all looked at her, surprised. I knew something was going on with her; I just wasn't sure what it was. "Maybe we don't have to," Brooklynn said. "Any way to make the plane come sooner?" she asked Mae.

"Well, I suppose it would come if there was some sort of emergency," Mae replied.

"If we stopped the dinos from eating that messed-up food, Mantah Corp would notice, right?" Sammy offered. "Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone." I could see where Darius was going with this.

"We could get rid of the altered T. rex food and get the supply plane to come early," I exclaimed; Darius looked at me for a moment before nodding.

"Hang on. So, we're just gonna somehow get this supply plane to come? All the while avoiding getting eaten by dinosaurs or zapped by killer robots. Then we just sneak onboard and hope that Mantah Corp doesn't notice seven kids on the plane until we're back home?" Kenji asked.
"Uh, yeah," Darius answered. "Supply plane it is," Kenji said with a sigh. "Don't think about it too hard, buddy," I said, patting him on the back.