Together

Jade

"Is this really necessary?" Jessica asked as she sat on the couch across from me.

"Listen. I don't want you here any more than you want to be here, but I'm trying to be nice." I sighed, tapping my foot on the floor, waiting on Perrie to return from getting Zahra from school.

This... this wasn't my plan. I didn't invite Jessica to our house, nor did I want her here, but she came to pick up Jaylen. Perrie also doesn't know she's here, which probably won't end well for me, but I didn't know what else to do.

Jaylen was asleep, and instead of waiting outside while I got him together, she let herself in... like she always does. I was ready to fight her again, but I'm honestly tired of it, which is why she's sitting here. We need to talk. We ALL need to talk. If this is going to work out at all, we all need to be on the same page.

I was waiting to intercept Perrie, so she wouldn't walk in her house to a very unwelcomed surprise. When I heard her car in the driveway, I jumped up from the couch.

"Don't move." I said, pointing at her. "Don't steal anything, and when she gets in here, you'd better not say anything to upset her."

"Whatever." She replied, folding her arms across her chest and looking away.

God, I can't stand her.

I slipped my shoes on and walked out of the front door, then right up to Perrie as she got out of the car.

"Jade... hi." She said, probably wondering why I was meeting her in the driveway.

"Hi. Sorry to bombard you." I said, scratching the back of my head. "There's something... she... I..."

"What's going on, Jade?" She asked, looking around, her eyes landing right on the unfamiliar car in front of our house.

"Jessica. She's inside." I said.

"In my house?" She asked, raising her voice slightly. "Are you fucking serious right now?"

"I'm sorry. She came to get him and let herself in." I said.

"In my house?" She asked again.

"I just told her to stay, because we need to talk." I said, looking in the backseat at our baby sleeping.

She took a deep breath, and I saw her jaw tighten. She's pissed, and rightfully so. I'm aware that this wasn't the right way to do this, but it needed to be done, and this was a good opportunity.

There's still tension between us, because I'm constantly having to deal with Jessica, but unfortunately she's not going to go away. She's my son's mother.

I want to move on from this and focus on fixing our marriage. I'm also aware that that's going to take time, but we have to start somewhere. I think the elephant in the room is a good conversation starter.

"I can't fucking believe you." She said, visibly trying to control her anger.

"I know. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to just throw this at you. I wasn't expecting her to show up, but I also don't want her to come back. I want to get this out of the way so we can move forward." I explained.

"Get what out of the way, Jade?" She asked, taking another deep breath.

I could see the therapy was helping, because she would've been screaming in my face by now. I was also grateful for it, because I really wasn't trying to fight with her anymore. I meant it when I said I'm tired.

"Boundaries. We all need to be on the same page." I said, and she sighed, folding her arms and leaning back against the car. "The timing is horrible. I know. I really am sorry. It wasn't on purpose, but I don't want to drag it out."