Prepare Yourself

Perrie

"Here, I brought you some breakfast." Sam says as she sets the plate of food down and removes the cover. She just got here and the food is still steaming hot. "And I'm not leaving until you eat it all."

I look over at her and sigh. Ever since the other day, her, Leigh, and even Kai have been constantly checking in on me. It's nice to know that I have people who care about me and my baby. I gave everyone a scare the other day. Myself included.

After I fainted in Kai's arms, I was rushed to the emergency room, then admitted with both exhaustion and dehydration. It was a whole thing, but they hooked me up to IVs and things, and I had no choice but to catch up on sleep because they wouldn't let me leave.

I was so scared that something would happen to Jade the whole time I was away, but Kai promised me he'd stay with her and watch her, and he did. I just got discharged early this morning, and have been sitting here by her side ever since.

"Thanks, Sam." I say, reaching for the plate. It's homemade, and it's good. I can tell she and Leigh made it with love.

"No problem." She says, pouring water into a cup for me as well. "Here. Take these when you're done."

She opens a pill bottle and puts two pre-natal pills down on the table and then steps away to clean up around the room. That's something else that hasn't really been on my mind. The pre-natal pills, I mean. I eat my breakfast, still not wanting it, but grateful anyway, and watch her move around the room to clean up.

"Thank you." I say again, putting the empty plate down once I'm finished, and then taking the pills with the water.

"You're welcome." She says. "I'm going to head home soon. Will you be okay?"

I just shrug, because I honestly don't know how to answer that. Well, I do. The answer is no, but I don't want to say it. I'm worried to death about Jade, and there's also the fact that the custody hearing is tomorrow morning. I've been worried sick about that too. I still don't know what to do.

"I know you're worried about tomorrow." She sighs, somehow reading my thoughts. "It's going to be okay. You've got this."

"Do I?" I ask, shaking my head.

"Perrie, even if Jade isn't awake yet, you're still a really good mom. There's no better person who could be fighting on her behalf. Not even me. If it's you against Jessica, I have no doubt you'll win." She says.

"I just got admitted into the hospital because I've been neglecting my unborn baby. We haven't been a family in months. We haven't been home in months." I sigh.

"You're under a lot of stress. You're not neglecting your baby. You're trying your best, so give yourself some credit. There's a lot on you right now, and as much as any of us offer, there's not much we can do to help. You need Jade, and she's going to wake up, but not until she's ready. None of us can make her." She says. "This is terrible timing, and I know that bitch is doing it on purpose, but you're strong and I know that you can do this. Have you contacted a lawyer? Maybe there's something you can do to at least push the date back a little. The guy just popped up three days ago. That can't be right."

"I don't know." I reply. "I haven't done anything. I don't know what to do. I've never been in this kind of situation." She pulls out her phone and starts typing something on it. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Googling." She replies.

"I don't even have a job, Sam." I sigh. "Isn't that what they look at first in these things?"

"I don't know either, hun. What I do know is you have a nice clean home in a safe environment. She doesn't. There's no telling where she's staying right now. Job or not, you're financially stable and you or your babies don't want or need for anything. That's more than she can say as well. I highly doubt she has a job either." She says, still scrolling on her phone.