Chapter 2

The vampire took confident strides towards Tommy, who's eyes were scanning a way out, even if he'd end up having to run for the rest of the night.

Whilst the boy was scanning the place for possible exits he failed to notice that the vampire had made him back himself into a corner and if said vampire wanted to, he could chop his head clean off.

Tommy notice it too late. Once he did, he curled in on himself to make him seem smaller than he was. He looked up at the vampires eyes and kept eye contact. His sea blue eyes showed just how terrified he was, tears in eyes, refusing to fall, while the vampire blood red eyes showed amusement; after all a certain father failed to inform him that the young boy he'd gained a liking to was going to run for 4 hours straight and probably even longer, had he found an exit. It was all too fun, a chase he hadn't had in ages.

He leaned the axe against Tommy's neck, making him stiffen and hold his breath, fear rolling off of him in waves. The vampire used his other hand to take out a blind fold, before handing it to the avain. Tommy stared, still un moving.

The vampire sighed before speaking," You gonna put this on or do I need to feed off of you? While the chase was fun, and something I hadn't experienced in a few years, I'm hungry and I just may as well feed from you." The boys eyes snapped open in panic and so he took the blindfold and tied it around his eyes, after all, he was able to run away by hearing alone. If he weren't with a very experienced vampire who could move silently.

The vampire hummed, amused by the reaction since he knew that the boy was aware he was 'vegan' but still got scared like that. He moved the axe slightly, so that he is able to guide him back to the Manor. He picked the boy up; which earned a yelp and whimper from the boy, before walking off the tree and placing said boy back down, holding onto his wrist, so he can't run off again.

The vampire sighed, knowing that the boy was too scared to act like he normally would. "You can talk you know?"... silence.

"What's your name kid?" This got a small murmur from the boy. "Speak up. I can't understand what you're murmuring about." He could hear the boy gulp down a lump in his throat before speaking up. "I said I'm nt a child. And my names Tommy" this results with the vampire chuckling at the side comment. It goes silent again, this time the vampire was waiting patiently for the boy to break it before he knocks him out.

"W-why are y-ou taking m-me with you?" The vampire raises a brow at that, not like the younger would be able to see. "A why but not a where? That's a surprise. Alas, my father wanted to meet you, you see, we have to read all the servants letters to keep information that should be in, stay in. Phil certainly didn't mention that you'd be able to run for that long." The vampire mused.

Tommy paled at that, he didn't know what the kind old librarian had told his son about him. "I- I alre-ady know where.... I um rec-recognised y-our earing" Tommy stuttered out. The vampire just hummed in acknowledgement before stopping and letting go of Tommy's wrist, which he cradled to his chest, in a pathetic attempt to stop the vampire from grabbing him.

"Nothing personal kid," Tommy freezes, that always means something bad." I need to knock you out for a few." And with that he swings so that the flat side of the axe would hit the boy unconscious, only for Tommy to use his hearing and dodge, and start running in the direction his heart says nest. He'll always be able to find his nest after all.

He turns back, as he had ripped the blind fold off, only to see the vampire hot on his trail, before he trips over a pebble, scratching his knees, thankfully not enough to draw blood. The fall let his brain catch up to the situation and exhaustion cover him life a thick blanket. 

The vampire quickly snapped out of its shock as the boy ducked and ran. He ran after him, he witnessed the boy trip and exhaustion finally settle in the boys body. He stood over the boy, the sunrise leaving his shadow on the tense boy. He saw him try to fight the sleepiness and sit up but the vampire just put his foot, somewhat gently, on the boys chest, to keep him down on his back. The vampire could see a few stray tears leave the boys eyes as he fell unconscious.

He picked Tommy up, before using his smell to find a bear and drink its blood.

...............

When Tommy woke up, he realised from the position of the sun that it was 10.A.M. and that he was held by a vampire, like he was a sack of potatoes. He started to struggle against the hands that held him before he felt the sword against his neck, making him still all movements. Before he could stop himself, he once again started whimpering quietly.

The vampire sighed, "Stop squirming and the sword will be moved away. Squirm and you'll end up hurting yourself since the sword will stay. You're in unknown land, you won't be able to get back to that town, I will be able to smell you out anyway, and if you annoy me, I will knock you out. Simple like that. Tap once for 'okay', twice for 'just knock me out'."

Tommy thought about it, the knock me out option sounded tempting, but could result in him getting found out. He tapped once. The sword stayed for a few more minutes before it went away, back into its sheaf.

"Just telling you, you are allowed to talk. If anything I'll just ignore you."

Tommy stayed silent, in thought for a bit. "Will i ever be able to go back?" It was so quiet that had he not been near his ear, and he didn't have enhanced senses, he would have missed it.

"Well, unless you can fight your way out, past all 3 of us, the coven will be your home." The vampire explained. This answer made him stiffen and pale even more. He started looking around, always turning his head in the direction of his nest.

"Why are you looking in that one direction?" The vampire asked, careful not to confirm that is the direction to the town he grew up in. Tommy just replied with "direction to my... home." This intrigued the vampire, "how can you tell?" There was silence, the boy tensing once again, since he had subconsciously relaxed his muscles slightly. "Heart can tell." The vampire hummed in acknowledgement.

Tommy moved to get more comfortable, put off by the lack of warmth coming from the vampire, even if its understandable from the lack of a beating heart. The silence and situation, brought Tommy's mind down a rabbit hole.

He thought about how confused tubbo and ranboo would be, probably get upset;thinking he either abounded them or he died somewhere secluded. He knew that Phil and Will would probably not worry, since Techno would tell them through their letters, if they didn't already know the plan to take him. Then his mind went to what would happen if the coven found out he were an avian, a species of humans that was supposed to be extinct.

This spiral made him start to cry silently, making sure none of the tears will land on the clothes. The only indication, besides his smell, that Tommy was crying were his shaking shoulders. A few minutes later, and Tommy had cried himself to sleep.

The vampire decided against risking him waking up again before they arrived at the Manor, so he put the boy down, turned into a bat, picked him up, and soared over the tree tops to the Manor.

An hour of flying later, they finally arrived, 1 hour before sbi breakfast time. The vampire placed the boy down on the ground before shifting back into a 'human'. He took the boy to his new room, in the loft/attic for the time being.

Why up there? Because that is like 6 stories up, with no safe way to get down, except through the inside.

(Stairs lead to a locked door only openable from the outside + an openable window to the roof above the bed

(Stairs lead to a locked door only openable from the outside + an openable window to the roof above the bed.)

He placed Tommy down on the bed, leaving and locking the door, before going to his room to get ready for breakfast.