Chapter 4

'Protect the avian child'

Technos eyes went wide, for a few reasons.
He had thought that chat wouldn't ever come back, especially when they became fed up with Phil not taking care of his wings and Techno refusing to add Gold or yellow flowers to his hair any longer, since he was tired of braiding his hair for 2 hours a day. He also, like practically every other vampire assumed that avians went extinct, since they weren't flying around or people with wings that didn't belong to a specific species of bird. AND to top it all off, they were all agreeing with each other.

He thought about what his reaction to the threat of feeding off of him was, realising that he was aware of his blood not counting as human blood to vegan vampires, even though they were a human species, that had they not been huntered down for, would have a higher population than the homo-sapien species. He finally understood why the kid had a weird interest in avians, since he couldn't go find out on his own without getting killed.

He looked at Phil trying to decide if he knew, quickly getting distracted with his newly preened wings. But, Wilbur also finally noticed them. "Hey, dad. Where did you get your wings preened? I don't think they looked this taken care of, even before you forgot the skill."
"Huh? Oh yeah, you remember the tree house Tommy ran to try to hide from Techno? That was his house the whole time. He had learnt to preen wings to preen any abounded or injured birds wings when they couldn't preen them themselves or haven't learnt to preen them yet. When you were chasing around, looking for us, he started preening them, and my instincts told me to relax and trust him."

"That was your house? I thought you just saw it randomly and tried to take a quick breather, since you looked so shocked when I entered through the windows."

Tommy's face heated up in embarrassment. "Unlike you, my body needs oxygen to function, that includes my mind. The lack of oxygen from 4 hours of running and parkour made me forget that the house was full of windows that I planned on patching up in the autumn to spring so that the warmth would stay inside."

"Yeah that explains it."

Philza doesn't know. Also they were on the roof during your wild goose chase. Tommy wanted to do a small prank, to test the waters of his boundaries. He doesn't know what rules you have for him.

Tommy tilts his head curiously and cautiously, since Technos eyes went from crimson red to a rather blood red. He decided against commenting on it. Unsure of what he is actually able to do, and how long he would manage to postpone the turning and possibly escape the coven Manor.

Techno notices him though and mouths 'later'. A few more minutes of conversation and dinner was ready, the vampires had red potatoes and blood as a substitue for sauce, while Tommy's potatoes weren't blood infused and had a gravy sauce on the steak.

After dinner, Techno volunteered to take Tommy to bed, since the others had 6 months of bonding while he had nothing, only meeting him during the time they sent him to get him here. Wilbur pounted but couldn't argue with the statement so he just went to his music room to record more music.

Once they were in the loft, Techno took 2 blankets and went onto the roof, indicating for Tommy to follow. He saw techno at the chimney, which he only now noticed had no hole leading to the actual fireplace, setting up the blankets in what looked like a nest shape. He quickly climbed up to his soon to probably be brother, and sat in the blanket nest, dread filling his stomach for reasons unknown to him. Once he sat down, by default facing in the direction of his nest, Techno sat next to him, and placed another blanket to keep the boy warm as they watched the sun set.

"Tommy. When Phil turned me into a vampire, he made a small mistake. He learned from it, so I'm the only one who has this. I have voices, I named chat. They know all, including events from other univerces." Tommy tenses, hoping this isn't why he felt dread pool in his stomach. Techno sees this and sighs. "They haven't spoken to me, since I got tired from putting yellow flowers or gold in my hair and they stopped tolerating Phil's neglecancy to his own wings. I used to do this everyday for about 23 thousand years. They could never agree on a single thing, always speaking over each other, only agreeing when I was mid battle, to keep me alive. However, today, they spoke for the first time in 500 years."