Chapter 3

Tommy woke up, feeling all warm and comfortable in his bed. Nevermind, the bed wasn't his, he was at the sbi manor. As soon as his brain realised that he shot up, eyes wide. He took in his surroundings, seeing a practically bare room besides for a desk, bookshelf full of books and the bed. He didn't even bother with the door, knowing that it'll be locked, he wasn't that stupid.

He got off the bed and went to the books, just to see the general theme of the books. He saw it was mostly about hybrids, vampires and..... avians. He realised Phil must have told techno about his interest with the assumed extinct species.

He bolted under the bed. Why? He could hear the door opening. He did his best to stop his whimpers. He slowly backed himself into the furthest corner. The vampire that entered had a green robe of some sort with slippers. The clothes rung a bell, but he couldn't pin point from where.

He heard the vampire sigh, before he bent down and looked under the bed. Tommy's breath hitched when he made eye contact with the now red eyes of Philza, sbi earing entirely visible. He paled as he realised that the nice old librarian was the ruler of the most feared coven; he got tricked by someone he trusted and considered showing his nest.

Phil's dead heart felt heavy as he looked at the teen, shaking in fear, eyes showing just how terrified he was along with the betrayal he felt, having put 2 and 2 together. He knew that the vampire that took him here was techno and that wilbur too was a vampire. Phil sighed and sat down criss cross, waiting for Tommy to get out from under the bed. He picked up a random book from the shelf nearby, starting to read it as he waited.

Tommy stared at Phil as said vampire continued to read. He stayed there until he calmed down, before asking, "Phil, why am I here?" Phil closed the book, finger in between the pages to not loose where he left.

"Mate, over the half a year that I got to know you, you became like a son to me, and a brother to Wilbur. Techno knew a lot about you from what he'd hear when we'd talk about our time with you. Also, where the hell did you learn to sprint and do parkour for 4 hours straight? Like damn, mate. You impressed Techno! That's a hard feat to do."

Tommy stayed silent pulling his invisible to others wings around himself, no longer able to see Phil. Phil enhances his sight to see tears running down Tommy's cheecks. "Can I come over to you?" Tommy reminds himself that although he can't see Phil, Phil can still see him. He starts shaking a bit at the knowledge that half of the people he trusted were vampires.

He thought back on it and realised that with how he was raised, it should of been obvious. Then he thought about Tubbo and Ranboo, realising that some of their behaviour alined with one of a vampire. That thought makes him pale. He had clicked with people that he forgot to be careful.

Meanwhile, Phil sees Tommy start shaking at the question. He sighed as he watches the boy he came to see as his own be scared of him. He waits patiently for the boy to bare his thoughts. Tommy eventually whispers an unfinished question, "A-are tub-o and ranb-o..." Phil, understanding the question, simply hums in affirmation. He sees Tommy put his head on his knees, eyes closed, before he sighs and asks quietly, "C-can i have sme time t-o gather my thoughts, a-alone?" Phil stays silent, standing up and leaving to stay on the bottom of the stairs to give the boy some privacy.

Tommy could tell that he didn't leave, but he needed air, so he ignored that. He opened the window above the bed and goes onto the roof. He climbs to the top, after checking for a safe way to get down without using his wings. He sits down, once again facing where his heart points him to his nest. He just stays sitting there, ignoring everything around him.

Phil hears the opening of the window, and stiffens. After a few minutes, he can hear Tommy climbing up, rather than trying to go down. He silently follows him just to see him staring in the direction of the town, one question sticking out to him, 'does he know where he is facing?' He sits down next to him, staying quiet since he realised that Tommy hadn't notice he was there.