Chapter 5

They fell asleep around 11 P.M. and now it was 7 A.M.
Tommy was the first to wake up as the vamps normally woke up around 10. He realized what predicament he was in. He was being cuddled by 3 vampires, one of which was aware of his blood status.

Now you see, humans knew that avians hadn't gone extinct, they thought that they just lost their wings for survival, and therefore humans saw avian blood as just another type of blood. Vampires, however, had relied solely on their colorful wings to distinguish them from humans and therefore assumed that they went extinct, hence why avians were still alive.

He quickly and quietly got out of their surprisingly gentle holds, and climbed onto the roof, closing the window behind him. He crept in the direction of his nest, made his wings tangible, but invisible, and; using all the flight theory he learned and all the observations of birds flying, started flapping his wings to make sure they were strong enough to hold him up. (This resulted in him suddenly darting off in the direction of his nest as the wings were far stronger than he expected them to be so he glided the way to his nest with an occasional flap of his wings staying close to the trees that it looked like he was jumping from one to another.)

Whilst flying, he felt free. All too soon he was in his nest, the pocket knife he had forgotten he possessed while running away from technoblade lay discarded in a corner.

He quickly took a shower (don't ask how he got a functioning shower in a treehouse that is his secret that he isn't willing to share) put on his work clothes (after making his wings intangible) and, using shadows and possibly roofs to avoid tubbo and ranboo from spotting him, he got to the furniture shop he hadn't told any of them he worked at.

What he hadn't thought about was that most of the older citizens were aware that he had caught the attention of the sbi and underscore covens, and that although they were known to be vegan, they were downright scary and not afraid to send them to a non-vegan coven if they didn't do as told. In other words, the elder people of the town snitched on his hiding place, the moment the vampires asked for his location.

So at 11 A.M. sharp, techno entered the shop. Once Tommy saw this he hid and tried to leave, though it just led to a chase, this time in Broad daylight, therefore resulting in the town seeing a child, who they are aware has avian blood, escaping the 'warrior vampire' through buildings and alleyways.

Now Tommy had gone on the roofs to use those to aid him in his escape. What he hadn't anticipated was that Techno hadn't come alone. So once he was on the roof, Phil swooped in, having been flying above them the entire time, and picked him by his armpits, scaring the living prime out of him. Tommy quickly grabbed the hands for dear life, fully afraid that he was about to be dropped from a height where he could barely make out the buildings. He screwed his eyes shut, doing his best to suppress any whimpers that Phil would hear over the wind, due to his vampire senses, though he didn't last long. Thankfully for him, it seemed like Phil was ignoring the whimpering, or that is what it seemed to Tommy, he couldn't hear anything over the wind and his closed eyes stopped him from checking if Phil was ignoring the whimpering.

When they were in the air Tommy knew that he wouldn't be able to save himself without revealing his secret; A secret he was raised to protect even if it lead to his death.

When they finally landed, Tommy tried to bolt away from them, only to get caught in Phil's huge wings that had wrapped themselves around him in a hug.

Phil wasn't stupid, he could tell that Tommy was scared; he was in L'manburg every day, seeing how he was brought up to avoid and fear all vampires and the basics of recognizing a vampire, even if the said vampire was vegan. He never understood why to raise them to fear the vegan vampires as well, until Tommy had run away today. Unlike Wilbur and Techno, who knew that the only place he'd go to was L'Manburg; Phil had used his sense of smell to find out that Tommy had flown away, alone. From that alone, he could tell why Tommy was scared of them.