The Case Has A string..

Present.

Karishma paced pro and back in front of the sho cabin door, and unknowingly she sighs a lot today.

   She went for rounds, she hit headquarters twice. She arranged all the filing cupboards making her juniours break their neck. She shouts at Pushpa Ji and, slaps billa countless times. She made herself busy like hell.

Still, the strange suffocation she feels doesn't go away,  is everything fine with her..?

What the hell? I am supposed to be so happy about her absence. Why am I so restless after that 'HOT KADOOS'?

Karishma shrugs her shoulders and walks down for zeher ( tea ) at badnaams.

'why should I worry? , she is at her home with her people around! Celebrating her vacation! , But what if she is ... ?

She was being away a few times for a long week, I was more than happy those days. So why not today? Is it last night's incident that made all this difference?

    Badnaam was hiding behind the concrete pillar waiting for his daily dose, but the poor fellow was surprised when Karishma keep siping the cup of tea stay on her head.

   She remembers that same night because of the particular case That day it was just a regular case but now she can see it was a bit weird incident among the few of them.

That night... Flashback three months back. The Payal Awasthi case.

   Pushpa looks back at Karishma's desk who is busy with her lowered head to the file.

  "  Pushpee .. chale , ham ready hy... " Santhosh comes running to leave with Pushpa Ji to her home for a night's stay.

   yes, Karishma was successful with her attempt of messing with madam sir. so it's her night duty and the extended punishment too.

  It was almost 9 pm when she said

" Cheethe hamare liye zeher bolo or tum bhi Kuch kaakar ana... " Karishma give permission to the cheetah who was lagging lazily on his seat.

  After half an hour, a girl come running into the station like a Strom, she was huffing and crying badly. She hugged Karishma in fear and keep murmuring " mujai chupao, wo ayenge ... Please mujai chupao Kahi.. please...."

Karishma made her sit and offer a glass of water. Karishma felt that this case needs madam sir's hand, looking at the way the terrified lady drinks water.

   She was shivering and almost half of the water went waste.

  Within fifteen minutes haseena reached there in her vehicle.

   Karishma looks at the lady coming towards the main entrance fully wrapped in a maroon color blanket with quick but steady steps.

  "Jai hind " haseena greet her back where Karishma already standing outside on the porch for her.

  She could feel haseena was hurried to be here because she was breathing hard to calm her raised heartbeat.

   Haseena already knew a bit about the case. but she ask Karishma to explain the situation before she met the girl. haseena, use the sideway entrance to avoid facing the girl sitting in the hallway before she gets a clear view of the situation.
  Karishma followed her senior, in as a sack of blankets.

Haseena didn't sit, she placed her right-hand palm on her table tilting to it putting the other one on her waist, and gesturing for Karishma to begin.

" Madam sir, Payal Awasthi, 22 years old and working in med care hospital as a trainee nurse. stay in a ladies' hostel. native place Agra.

Haseena was fully sinking into her words,  drawing an illustration picture of ongoing details.

"Yeh yaha Kuch 9 bajai ke aas paas ai thi,ek dam dari hui or rothe huai. Or sirf ek hi baat bol rahi thi ki , " mujai usse bachalo... Or Kahi chupao.."

Haseena still processing the case details with full concentration.

"Or Kisi Ka naam or kya hua hy Uske saat yeh bataya unhone...? "Haseena asked.

" Nahi madam sir, wo hamara yeh sawaloka Jawad nhi Diya. Yeh Jo Kuch bhi information Mai uski id card se path kiya.warna yeh ladki Kuch bhi Puchi sirf roi jarahi Hy. Isiliye mujai apko bhi disturb krni padi . "

    Haseena nodded, in an understanding way.
" any visible injuries or symptoms ? " she asked at last.

" Nahi madam sir,sirf panic ke wajai se kapne lagi or Saas Lene bhi takleef thi, Maine calm down kiya... Ab kaafi masroof lagti Hy... "

Haseena raised her eyebrows noticing something but brushed it off because of the situation. And it's not the right time.

  " Tho chale dekti Hy, kya krna Hy..."  Haseena leads the way.

When the officers enter there was no one except the constable cheetha dreaming about his lady love on his seat.
Karishma went near him blowing her blood vessels in anger and kicked off the leg of the chair where he was dozed off.

"   Atank wadi hamla,... Ahhhhhh..... " Cheeta look once at the anger-filled eyes of Karishma ma'am's where he was sitting on the floor with a poor face he was scared like hell.

With these sounds and the bunters, the girl who was hiding behind a filing cupboard jumped at Karishma and hold her hand tightly with fresh traces of tears.

" Shaanth..., Shaanth hoiye aap..., Payal ham Hy apke saath.. koi Kuch Nahi karengiii.... "

Haseena came behind Karishma who was standing securely holding the girl with great difficulty. Unknowingly the scared girl poked her nails into Karishma's hand giving her utmost pain.

  Haseena held the girl from her shoulders and after a few attempts, she relieved Karishma and made her sit facing herself.

" Payal, I'm haseena malik, sho of the station."

The lady didn't let go of haseena's hold, even though she tightened the grip. Her status is getting worse with every effort to make her calm.

Haseena could feel the waves of shivers going through the girl's body while she holding her hands. She could feel the panic attack has something to do with truth.

Haseena braise herself and continued,

You're in a police station Payal. there is nothing to worry about. We are here for you. Braise yourself and tell us what has happened to you. And let us help you.

     Payal looked into haseena's eyes, and a set of fresh tears rolled down her cheeks.

Karishma was stealing glances here and there impatiently. But what she knew was if there anyone can open Payal's mouth that's only THE HASEENA MALIK.

And Karishma was right. Payal could inhale the positivity all-round, and she could see the determination to serve Justice to the world in those young and brave eyes.

Haseena nodes, it took a few minutes to awake Payal's voice. But she nodes back and blurred something in a feeble voice.

   " He rapes me. "

Payal's gaze shifts downward bowing her head down. And a warm teardrop fell on her palm.

Haseena felt an ache in her chest and the noise of Karishma's gritting her teeth furiously.

" Kisne kiya ye Payal ?"  Haseena saw Karishma was about to shoot a chain of questions and she cut it.

   there was no crying or sobbing, Payal had slipped into a mode of silence.

    " Karan, my partner we are living together " except for dried tear marks her face was expressionless.

Haseena noticed two things, Payal shivers hard when she takes her partner's name.

And second, was Karishma's change of behavior.

Serious to something less bothering.

To be continued ...