Companion And Conflicts

The rising sun. Birds chirping, flowers blooming. A very nice morning. It may be a little different for Reito. Laying down on the earth ground, he felt the weight on his chest. His eyes slowly opened as he yawned.

Reito: That was a good night.

He said tirelessly. He tried getting up but failed. As if something was holding him down. He thought was his armor at first. Until he got a good look. He saw a hand, arm, head, hair, and many whitetails. He lost his breath. A woman laying on him while he slept. Still sleeping, too.

Reito: Huh...?

.

Reito: Huh?

.

Reito: HUH?!

He shouted as his echoes traveled through the trees, scaring the birds and spooking the woman. She got off as Reito was moving back fast before tripping over a log and falling on his back with his feet still in the air.

???: I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you.

He flipped himself over as he looked over and saw a sight many would die for. A beautiful young woman with sparkling white hair, blue eyes, and clean and glossy skin wearing a white dress.

 A beautiful young woman with sparkling white hair, blue eyes, and clean and glossy skin wearing a white dress

???: Good morning! Did you sleep well?

He was at a loss for words. He had nothing to say. Before shaking his head, he was able to think straight again.

Reito: Sorry. I guess I slept okay. Forgive me, but... Who are you? I feel like we've... Met somewhere before.

???: Of course, we met. We met last night.

Reito: Last night?

He glances past the woman and sees the nine white tails extruding from her back.

Reito: No way!

???: Do you remember now? I'm that fox you saved from the knights the other day!

Reito: Huh? Weird. I never thought the day would come where... This would happen to me. I see your left arm has healed quite nicely.

???: Of course. If I have enough magic, I can heal nearly any wound.

Reito: That sounds like an admirable feat to have.

???: Oh, my my, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Ahri, the White nine-tailed fox.

Reito: I'm Reito Takahashi. If it's not too much to ask, why were those knights chasing after you?

Ahri: It has to do with my species. We nine-tailed foxes are a rare breed of demi-human. We have powers that are considered 'supernatural' to humans. Humans have been killing demi-humans since the start of Melromarc. No, even before that. Since we're a rare species, we split off from other species and hid ourselves using magic. The knights wanted to take my power for themselves.