Truths Revealed

It wasn't long until Noufumi had to find out the truth. Reito knew he was going to find out sooner or later. But it came way too soon. They decided to talk about it at Erhard's Smith shop. Since Noufumi visits there regularly, he decided to claim it as a mini base for his 'operations'

Noufumi: You have some explaining to do!

Reito: Please, calm down.

Noufumi: How can I calm down when you kept this secret from us?

Reito: Did you tell us your secrets about what you've been doing on the sidelines?

Noufumi: No!

Reito: Then we're even. Listen, I was planning on telling you. I know you have trust issues after what you've experienced, I don't blame you. But I mean, come on. You're overreacting. 

Noufumi: Tell me something that makes sense. 

Erhard: Hey, kid, would explain what's going on?

Reito: It's complicated.

Noufumi: If you'd shut up, we could sort it out.

Erhard: If you're gonna be here, you gotta let me in on the whole story.

Raphtalia: Forgive us. We couldn't think of any other place closer.

Erhard: Oh boy.

Noufumi: So, who exactly are you, anyway?

Melty: Please accept my apology. I'm first in line for the Melromarc throne, but I should have told you that sooner on my part. I'm the second princess, Princess Melty Melromarc.

Erhard: The princess!?

Filo: You're really in line for the throne?

Noufumi: You're gonna be the next ruler, is that it?

Raphtalia: But I don't understand. How can you be the next in line, when you're younger than your sister?

Melty: My sister has always been a problem child due to certain personality difficulties.

Reito: Like Jake Paul, except she's 10x more annoying.

Ahri: Who is Jake Paul?

Reito: Don't worry about it. It's nothing to be concerned with.

Noufumi: And you've been working with her?

Reito: As a hero, It's my job to complete tasks given to me by Melty, regardless if I like it or not. Besides, you're not one to talk. You work on your own with no one to give your group supervision. Don't pester me about where I get my work from. 

Melty: And this could be a great opportunity.

Filo: Opportunity?

Melty: It might be that-

Noufumi: Forget it.

Melty: Huh?

Noufumi: You can forget about everything, we're out of here. Sorry. But I just can't trust a word you say.

Melty: Please, just listen to what I have to say. You have to hear me out!

Noufumi: I don't have to listen to a damn word that comes out of any of the filthy royal mouths.

The door to Erhard's shop opens and a knight addresses Melty.

Knight: Princess Melty, his royal majesty calls. Please come with us.

Melty: Very well, I'll go. I have to leave now, Filo.

With a saddened voice, she quickly exits the building. Filo tried going after her, but Noufumi prevented her from doing so. Raphtalia rests her hand on Filo's head in an attempt to comfort her.