Spear vs Sword

Shortly after the end of the wave, Reito and Ahri were helping out with the starting repairs of Lute, the village where he and Naofumi had fought the wave. The starting began quickly, but after was a long process. The villagers that died.

A small burial was held with Reito putting his hands together and giving a prayer. After laying flowers on their graves, he exited the village with Ahri.

Ahri: It's not your fault.

Reito: I know. But just the thought of arriving late fills me with regret.

Ahri: No matter how hard you work, not everyone can be saved. You need to acknowledge that fact.

Reito: I do acknowledge it. But it just hurts.

They heard rapid footsteps behind them as they walked into the countryside. They turned to see a few knights and two others that stood out. One had a bow on his back and the other with a sword in its sheath. 

Reito: (A sword and a bow. Wait a minute...)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Reito: There are four Cardinal Heroes. One wields a spear, a sword, a bow, and a shield. Each of these heroes is summoned for one purpose: To fight off the Waves of Catastrophe.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Reito: (Now I remember. So these are the other heroes? Why did they have to show up now?)

He put his hand in front of Ahri as she stood behind. The knights and heroes stopped a few inches away. The knights surrounded them but had not drawn their weapons.

???: Are you Reito?

The one who asked him that was a teenager who looked younger than Reito. He wore clothing with light-brown coloring, and a green cape, and had some armor covering his left shoulder.

Reito: Why do you need to know?

???: We need you to come with us. The king has requested an audience with you.

The other hero spoke. Wearing black clothing with a blue scarf. His hand was hovering above his sword's handle.

Reito: That's bold coming from a few strangers with guards. You haven't even stated your names.

???: We were told about your bout with Motoyasu. We've been told by the princess to approach you with caution.

Reito: It seems that the princess is smarter than she looks. Backing up, you said you heard about what happened, right? Did they tell you what truly happened or was it just their side of the story? None of you had stated your names. It's best if you proceed with caution.

???: I'm Ren, the Sword Hero. This is Itsuki, the Bow Hero. 

Itsuki: Sup.

Reito: Likewise. Look, I don't care who it is, but somebody better tell me what the king wants, or we're out of here.

Ren: The king was notified about your efforts during the wave. You for the village of Lute.

Reito: And? I'm just doing my job. 

Ren: The king intends to reward the Heroes for their bravery. Since you risked your life, he would like to honor that with a reward of your own.

He didn't respond. He got a tap on his hand and looked back at Ahri. He thought long and hard before coming to an answer.

Reito: Fine. I don't care much for money. We'll go. But if any of you end up on my bad side, you're going to regret coming to this world.

He said as he eyed down the knights. They took a few steps back in fear, Ren didn't seem to care, and Itsuki just gave a shrug and shook his head.