Zero Days Since Last Accident

You, Fiona, and Sun all walk together. Sun lags behind, shuffling with his hands to his chest and occasionally looking down at the floor. The bells on his wrist jingle, but somehow they ring with less cheer. You had expected Fiona to lead you through the back tunnels, but you're both led straight through the crowd of guests. Some kids tried to stop Sunny, though Fiona was quick to shoo them off. "Go on, he needs to get back! Hey, you aim that blaster somewhere else! Go, go on, get!" You all reach the Kid's Cove section, where Fiona leaves you two.

She apologizes that she can't go any further, "I've gotta help Mal with Sean's paperwork, sorry guys." She waves, quickly walking away from the playground. Sunny stutters out that he'll see her tonight and waves her off. He looks to the kids in the pirate playground, now stiff as a board. Some of the kids glance at him, even doing a double take. A few of them stare while others slowly approach him. Sun looks uncomfortable as he walks through Kid's Cove, avoiding the questions that the kids ask. His footsteps rapidly become faster until he's practically running around the playground. The kids also pick up their pace as they hunt him down. He starts to... laugh?

He's quickly become much more comfortable in the presence of these children. In fact, it seems like he's forgotten what just happened; he's really in his element now! "Ahahahaaa! You can't catch me~" he taunts as the kids try to cut him off. It's a very tight space here so it wasn't hard to block his path. This doesn't stop the Attendant though, because instead of accepting defeat, he jumps. He jumps way higher than a human could! It's like he was soaring through the air! The kids start cheering as he lands on top of the Foxy the Pirate statue. "YAR HAR HAR! NOBODY CAN CATCH GOOD OLE BRIGHT BEARD!" Even the parents on the sidelines clap.

His arms shoot way above his head, then he bows (still managing to balance on the head of the statue). The little ones cheer at his performance as he continues to bow. "Thank you, thank you! Now!! All of ye better walk the plank! Or I'll throw ye to the sharks!" Sun pretends to hold a sword in his hand and swings it around. He even poses like he's fencing the air in front of him. All of the kids cheer and laugh at him. You'd remind him that you have to return to the daycare, but it seems he's already trying to say goodbye. "Alright, sailors! My first mate and I have to get back to our ship! Right First Mate?"

He points his imaginary sword at you, probably waiting for you to answer. Suddenly, all eyes are on you. You feel your back straighten and your body freezes. You can't bring yourself to speak, even when you unclench your jaw. Dread pools in your stomach... The sea of eyes from adults and kids alike, it almost hurts with how much they bore into you. Nothing leaves your lips. "Eye, good work First Mate! The Captain didn't give you permission to speak!" Sun leaps down, breaking the tension and landing in an empty space next you. "Shall we return to the ship?"

He quickly positions his hands, one pushes your back but the other... Sun takes the hand closest to him and gently pulls it towards the door. It feels like some sort of tango. "Mustn't dally, First Mate! The canons need loading! The deck needs swabbing! Aaand the treasure is waiting!!" As he drags you to the door, the choir of goodbyes slowly fades. The metallic shutter is already up, so he just pulls you under. Once you see the play structures through the glass, Sun just takes you by the wrist and starts walking quickly towards the daycare.

"Hurry Friend! They might stop us again!" You've arrived at the door and he swings it open for you. "Hurry, hurry!" You're rushed inside to see... the kids... They're all over the place! And definitely not as calm as they were when Sun left... "Oh thank God- HUH?! SUN! Get Lena- She's-" Sun's hook quickly falls from the ceiling. "On top, gotcha!" He ascends and- holy shit, there's a girl on top of the structures! Sunny swoops her up and lands her on the ground gently. "We've told you not to climb these!" he quickly lectures as he unhooks himself and the rope retreats.